Hotel La Rosa de America
$67
$63
$62
$51
All reviewsbanana breadcosta ricaclose to the airportsan josefamily suitesuperior roomzoo avenice poolrental carlast nightbeautiful groundsbunk bedsceiling fannext morningrooms are smallwould definitely stay here againfresh fruit
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I went to stay at this hotel because I have some family that live in Texas and they came to visit me from there. I am originally from Costa Rica and I live 4 hours away from the Alajuela province and since they arrived at the Alajuela airport, we decided to meet at this hotel that is very close by. When I got there the first thing I thought was: " Nice place". When you first enter you can see the green garden and how everthing looks so detailed and clean. It is a small place but it had warm feeling like home. The receptionist, Grisska, was so nice and sweet she even said they were waiting for me and gave me the room key and took me to it. I am usually very picky about hotel rooms specially with the bed sheets because I have had bad expericences in the past, but when I first entered the room I was impressed by how clened the room was and it had a nice smell. I slept like a baby that day and I even dare to say that I slept better than at my own bed at home!!!!! Next day I spent some time with my family at the pool and it was nice and sunny area but I could still go under the trees if I wanted some shade. I loved the vegetation and it made me feel a lot of peace. And what is even better about this place is that is close to everything. We didn´t have a car so it was easy to get a cab and move around. From the hotels I`ve stayed in my own country I can honestly say. This is the best one!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Rob_Hick, Owner at Hotel La Rosa de America, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

It is always nice to receive reviews from people living in Costa Rica! Thank you for taking the time! We are very happy that you received the type of experience with which we have been working to achieve for the past five years. It is very important to us that guests not only like their room, or the service, or the pool but they actually feel at home with all aspects of their stay with us! For a San Jose Airport Hotel, receiving recognition for our green surroundings and ambiance is key to our La Rosa Difference as we want guests to be truly able to relax after a long international flight to Costa Rica.
We will ensure that our cleaning staff and hotel manager are made aware of your kind comments.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

I went with three other friends, and we had a room big enough to sleep all of us, plus another two or three people if we wanted. The room was spotless, and the grounds are meticulous, including a beautiful garden and pool. No AC, but it wasn't really needed. The staff was beyond accommodating, helping us with travel plans, and making an early breakfast for us on our departure day (breakfast is included every day). The neighborhood is safe, quiet, and walkable, at least by Costa Rican standards. The zoo and a butterfly garden is just down the street. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank lhhusker
Rob_Hick, Owner at Hotel La Rosa de America, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to recognize the hard work of the staff at La Rosa. Our staff take their role of personally welcoming guests to Costa Rica very seriously and they very much appreciate guest recognition through forums such as this.

Over the years, we have worked hard to gain the confidence of guests who prefer local, knowledgeable assistance with travel planning. We feel this helps set us apart from the "big" competition. Again, your recognition of these efforts reinforces our belief that we are on the "right track".

Through our hotel manager, we will ensure that the remaining hotel staff get an opportunity to read your review. Thank you again for your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Rosa!

Reviewed December 22, 2011

My husband and I ended our honeymoon here. There is no AC not a problem, but you need to leave the windows open and there is no source of white noise. This becomes a problem when the guest next door keeps you up all night with drunken loud banter. We could not call the desk because there was no phone in the room and there was no one at the desk after 9. Of coarse a belligerent guest is out of their control however it was disappointing to end our relaxing vacation with a night like that. Location is right near the airport which is very convenient.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank takemeethere
Rob_Hick, Owner at Hotel La Rosa de America, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2011

We appreciate your review about our hotel, services and sleep quality. Thank you for your recognition of the benefits of La Rosa, the location and the fact that your specific concern was not a direct failing of the hotel.
Regardless we are saddened to learn that you did not receive a good nights sleep due to the activities of another guest in the cabina next to yours. Our night staff reported these guests to management the next morning in their nightly report. They will not be welcome back to Hotel La Rosa. Due to the "nature" of their nocturnal disturbances, our night staff felt that to interfere, would result in a very awkward situation. Situations like this are extremely rare at La Rosa as we like to get to know our guests via email prior to their arrival.
It is unfortunate you were unaware of our 24 hour concierge staff. It is true that our Reception area closes for the night, however just outside Reception we have a trained, English and Spanish speaking concierge/security person who you would have been most welcome to talk to.
We are planning to offer air conditioning to the two cabinas mentioned in this review. This should help with both the lack of white noise, and with the ability to close the windows and block out any unwanted noise. We are hoping to have this project completed by the end of January.
Again, please accept our regrets for a situation that was unfortunate, but unusual in the extreme for Hotel La Rosa.

Reviewed December 8, 2011

We stayed at La Rosa de America a total of four nights, at the beginning and end of our trip to Costa Rica. The hotel is about fifteen minutes from the San Jose airport, located in a quiet area among colorful plant nurseries, and lets you avoid the major traffic problems that the capital presents. La Rosa is clean, attractive, well managed, has a complete breakfast, but maybe what we appreciated most is its friendly and knowledgeable staff. They went to great lengths to answer our many questions about travel, including suggestions about using the inexpensive public transportation. They even prepared us a to-go breakfast when we left for the airport at 5:30 in the morning.

Don't don't miss this one!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert52053

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and location so much. It was our pleasure to help you with your travel plans and local transportation needs. We are fortunate to have a major bus route so close by.

We will pass on to our staff whom do not have computer access your kind words about their customer service and attention to detail. All our staff take great interest in the reviews the hotel receives on line.

Thank you again for your very positive review and we enjoyed hosting you both at the beginning of your trip and again at the end!

Reviewed December 7, 2011

When I arrived at La Rosa, I had just completed almost 7 weeks of adventure travel throughout Mexico and 5 other countries in Central America. I had found this lovely little hotel through internet research, and after exchanging emails with the owner, Robert (who happened to be a fellow Canadian!), I felt confident that it would provide me with a peaceful and very comfortable place to relax after all of my running around. And it did.

Grisska and the rest of the staff made me feel completely at home. I arrived quite early in the morning, and I was invited to help myself to the breakfast buffet in the dining room. The food was fresh and delicious, as it was the following 3 mornings as well. The ladies provided me with a packed breakfast early on one morning, since I was going on an all-day tour, and that was much appreciated. I took advantage of the laundry service while there, and that was a terrific convenience too. Clearly, everyone on staff takes great pride in the work they do, and it shows.

My room was spacious, clean and well-equipped. In fact, compared to most of the establishments I had stayed in during my travels, it felt downright luxurious! The grounds were gorgeous, filled with tropical, flowering plants and shrubs. It never felt to me that I was in close proximity to an international airport.

In short, I wouldn't hesitate to find a reason to stay at La Rosa de America again. It was a purely pleasant experience. In fact, I recommended it to one of my travel companions from Australia, and she chose to book the same 3 night package that I had chosen. She wasn't disappointed.

Thank you Robert, Grisska and the rest of the staff. I feel that I found a true oasis in your pretty hotel!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Carri B

We are glad you enjoyed your experience at La Rosa enough to even recommend our hotel to others! For us, this is the most convincing proof that we are getting it right!

After weeks of traveling through Latin America, we can understand your desire to just rest for a bit! I am glad that our staff was able to make you feel at home and give you the relaxation you were looking for!

We hope you had a safe trip back to Canada, and that you will come visit us again in the future! It was a pleasure to meet you.