We just wanted to stay close to the airport to catch our flight early morning and did not want to spend a fortune for such "one night stand".
The Hotel is about 20 years old but well kept. Beautiful gardens with lots of huge old trees and a great variation of tropical plants and flowers. The pool is small, but clean and not exposed to everybody else. Check in, was taking two minutes only, and staff is very friendly and helpful. The room (#139) was clean and the beds comfortable. AC and TV working great. The free wireless internet is steady but a little slow (85KB/s down- and 105KB/s upload speed)....well, what else shall we expect for free ?
Big surprise was dinner at "Las Planchas Restaurante & Grill":
The Restaurant is quiet basic..... or in other words, not fancy at all, but staff is very friendly, attending fast and acting professionally. We ordered 12oz beef tenderloins from the grill, green pepper sauce, fries & veggies, for about $22 each. The result was surprisingly good. For 18 years now, I'm a chef and restaurant owner myself and would give them 9 out of 10 points for this meal !
We will come back :)
Simon + Jeannette, Jacó, Costa Rica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring free transportation from and to SJO International airport, this comfortable hotel is an ideal base for your trip (3 stars). Those traveling long distances will particularly appreciate the proximity of the hotel to the motorway. The hotel is located in direct proximity to the airport (4.0 km). The reception desk, which is manned 24 hours, also has a hotel safe. The hotel provides free WI-FI in your room or via a wireless connection in public areas. Feel free to enjoy room service or the wake-up facility when staying at the hotel. The hotel operates a suite of business facilities. The friendly team at reception will provide you with more information on the hotel's own car rental offer. Don't worry about finding a parking space, the hotel offers free parking for guests. The rooms benefit from cable television and telephones. All bathrooms are naturally equipped with a hairdryer. Do you want to book a non-smoking room? Are you traveling with your family and do you need a cot? We will gladly cater for your wishes - please indicate them when booking your room. Your room also has a safe. Air-conditioning ensures that the room temperature is always comfortable. Whether you just want to play around or you take your training seriously, the hotel swimming pool is there for you! Forget the worries of the day as you enjoy a relaxing massage. Treat yourself to a meal in the restaurant, with outdoor seating, where diabetics and vegetarians can find tasty dishes too. In the evening we will welcome you to the hotel bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Aeropuerto Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aeropuerto Hotel Alajuela
- Hotel Aeropuerto Costa Rica Alajuela