This is a family operated hotel close to the airport in Alajuela. I prefer to stay in hotels that are actually run by people in that country. This is not a US chain hotel. If you are looking for a US hotel chain, stay in the US. This hotel is an older hotel with recent upgrades to the restaurant. I have been staying here since the early 2000's and have seen improvements made throughout the years. It has an open air lobby that is very pleasant when the breeze blows through. Like all hotels located near the highway, it has highway noise. The grounds are very lush with many plants and birds. The staff work very hard to make this hotel a pleasant place to stay. It is not a luxury hotel, so if you want one of those, stay somewhere else. The price for this hotel is inexpensive considering how close to the airport it is. I have stayed here up to 3 weeks at a time and the staff have always made me feel like part of the family. The food in the restaurant was really good. The only drawback is there are no grocery stores or restaurants close to the hotel.
I know the owners and they have always helped me with anything I needed. Once I needed some aspirin, and the owner took me to the local pharmacy to get some. This hotel is located close to a bus line that runs into Alajuela, just ask the owners to show you where to catch the bus. It is cheaper(20 cents) to ride the bus to town than a taxi ( about $6-$8), if you have the time.
Costa Rica is a humid country. Sometimes when the rooms are closed up, they tend to feel a little damp, especially after a shower. The rooms are air conditioned, and there is hot water. One reviewer complained of black mold in the bathrooms. They are not "Covered" in black mold. One reviewer complained of the lack of a breakfast for early departing guest. The breakfast provided starts at 6 am.It is very good, consisting of fresh fruit, gallo pinto, scrambled eggs, juice, plantains, toast and cereal. It is a full meal by itself. Many flights leave the airport at 6 am meaning you get to the airport at 4 am. I don't think the hotel should be held responsible for feeding you just because you have to leave early. The airport has restaurants open early and you can always purchase fruit to bring with you. Overall this is a very good place to stay and especially if you are flying out the next day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring free transportation from and to SJO International airport, this comfortable hotel is an ideal base for your trip (3 stars). Those traveling long distances will particularly appreciate the proximity of the hotel to the motorway. The hotel is located in direct proximity to the airport (4.0 km). The reception desk, which is manned 24 hours, also has a hotel safe. The hotel provides free WI-FI in your room or via a wireless connection in public areas. Feel free to enjoy room service or the wake-up facility when staying at the hotel. The hotel operates a suite of business facilities. The friendly team at reception will provide you with more information on the hotel's own car rental offer. Don't worry about finding a parking space, the hotel offers free parking for guests. The rooms benefit from cable television and telephones. All bathrooms are naturally equipped with a hairdryer. Do you want to book a non-smoking room? Are you traveling with your family and do you need a cot? We will gladly cater for your wishes - please indicate them when booking your room. Your room also has a safe. Air-conditioning ensures that the room temperature is always comfortable. Whether you just want to play around or you take your training seriously, the hotel swimming pool is there for you! Forget the worries of the day as you enjoy a relaxing massage. Treat yourself to a meal in the restaurant, with outdoor seating, where diabetics and vegetarians can find tasty dishes too. In the evening we will welcome you to the hotel bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelWorld, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Aeropuerto Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aeropuerto Hotel Alajuela
- Hotel Aeropuerto Costa Rica Alajuela