I've stayed at this hotel on my first and last nights in Costa Rica on two different trips this past year in April, October and November 2012. This hotel is a short five minute drive from the airport and they will send a free shuttle to pick you up. The rooms have been clean and quiet every time. The staff has always been very friendly and helpful. They have assisted me with everything from info on nearby places to eat, to taxis to the other smaller airport, to arranging for a tour. You can also pay for the exit tax here instead of doing it at the airport if you want to save time at the airport.
The breakfasts are included and are good. They have a nice variety of items ranging from US traditional foods to Costa Rican local traditional breakfast foods (cheese, rice and beans). There is usually a nice selection of fruit and juice. For dinner there are three places that are within a short walking distance. More if you want to take a taxi or walk a bit further.
There is a Walmart about a five minute drive from here which has come in handy for picking up forgotten items or waiting to buy toiletry items until you arrive in Costa Rica.
I prefer the rooms on the upper floor and back of the hotel. There is a pool, but I have not used it on my visits here. I highly recommend this hotel as a great night after a long day of travel before venturing out to other parts of the country. It is also a great place to stay before an early flight the next morning since it is so quick to get to the airport from here.
If you stay more than one day here there are several opportunities for tours that pick you up at the hotel and take you on day excursions. They help you arrange for these at a tour desk inside the lobby area. There are also a couple of car rental companies across the street from this hotel. On my last trip we picked up a car there and it was great to be able to walk over, rent the car and then quickly go back to the hotel, check out and get started on our three week adventure.
I will continue to stay here on future visits - I plan to be back in June!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An airport hotel with everything you need...welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San José - Airport. If you're looking for a hotel in the Central Valley, home of San José, Costa Rica’s capital city, look no further. Our Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton™ is the most conveniently located hotel in the area, just five minutes away from the International Airport, one block away from rental car return centers, and with easy access the Inter-American Highway (which transports you to beautiful beaches, national parks, and free trade areas). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites By Hilton San Jose Airport
- Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton San Jose Airport Hotel Alajuela
- Hampton Inn Alajuela
- Alajuela Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn San Jose
- San Jose Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton San Jose Airport Costa Rica/Alajuela