“Like It A Lot”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This place was a little hard to find for our driver, but in an easy to get to location.
The server/manager/host was delightful and certainly has his shtick down.
I went with the steak special with the chimmichurri and it was tender and delicious. Everyone in the group of seven liked their dishes.
I've found some of the food here in San Jose a bit bland. They offer hot sauces(Tabasco) and I have usually also ended up adding salt and pepper. Not this place. Everything was tasty, nicely spicy and prepared thoughtfully.
I did find it funny that the guy asked if I'd found his restaurant on TripAdvisor. Yes, I had. He presented me with a business card with the name of the restaurant and the TripAdvisor seal. Good job, TA!
-Jim

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We would never have tried this place out without checking out trip advisor. It is an easy place to walk by and miss. Their sign is actually painted on the window. The steak and sea bass were seasoned wonderfully. Our waiter was attentive and friendly. The only downfall is the level of street noise in the restaurant but that would not deter me from making sure I visited again on our next stop in Alajuela. The couple that joined us for dinner who had been traveling central america for a couple months thought it was the best meal they had eaten on their trip.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Eduardo at the Hotel Los Volcanes recommended the restaurant because they carry the only craft beer in costa rica. the beer Segua is excellent but unfortunately the restaurant was sold out. the food was excellent though and ronald my waiter was superb.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Our hotel receptionist recommended the restaurant to us and we had a wonderful evening there with delicious food - we chose the dish of the day! Waiter Ronald was very kind and funny and although we just wanted to have something to eat, we ended up staying there late until midnight!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed in Alajuela 2 nights and dined both nights at Monteleone--that's really saying something because as a traveler, I always like to try as many new places as possible. Why did I return? Well, the first night we ate there, we treated ourselves to Costa Rican beef and ordered steaks which came with excellent choices of sauces and sides. Just as we were paying the bill, we saw them bringing out loaded bowls of something that looked like a very hearty stew to a table behind us. It looked delicious and we were determined to come back the next night to try it...turns out, it is a traditional snack called Chifrijo Tico and it was a hearty mix of rice, beans, pork, avocado and salsa served with tortilla chips. It was soooooo good. If you go here, definitely order this dish! The service is out of this world--they give you a welcome smoothie (delicious) and don't charge tourists taxes on the meals.