“WARNING - THEFT BY STAFF”
Review of rosti pollos

rosti pollos
Ranked #19 of 195 Restaurants in Alajuela
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Near the Hampton Inn in Alajuela Costa Rica
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Upon my arrival in Costa Rica, we immediately went to Rosti Pollo for lunch. We had a nice lunch with decent service. Within 3 hours my credit card was being used to order electronics from online retailers and have the stolen items shipped to an address in Costa Rica. The ONLY time that my credit card was used was at Rosti Pollo and for my entire vacation I was forced to borrow money from my fellow travelers due to my cancelled credit card.

WARNING - do not use your credit card at Rosti Pollo !!!!!

2  Thank Mike B
There are newer reviews for rosti pollos

Reviewed July 4, 2013

If you are staying in the Holiday Inn Express or the Hampton Inn this is a very convenient location for lunch or dinner. It is a Costa Rican chain, but I would consider it a must visit, if possible. There is a lunch buffet which gives you a sample of everything they offer. The desserts are above average. There are no free refills on drinks, this is pretty much standard in Costa Rica. Or, you may order off the menu, and they do have an English version. We always make a point of stopping here on every visit to Costa Rica. I am very surprised of the poor reviews. I have found service and food to be good. For the first time U.S. visitor in Costa Rica service is a little different than back home. Server will take your order, deliver your food, and this may be the last time you see them. You must ask for your bill. Ticos feel that it is rude to offer your bill before you ask.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Rice was crunchy. Beans were salty. Fried plantains were in a SOUP of syrup. Long wait and not good service. Chicken was good but I got a skimpy serving. This is like a Costa Rican Chili's minus the delicious food. Do not eat here!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Lincoln Mall is brand new and has about 100 stores - shops, restaurants etc. There is a chain called Rosti Pollo that can be found all over San Jose. This one in the mall is very nice and reasonable. The seating has a nice view of the main road in , I think, Monrovia, the town where the mall is. The food is a lot better than any "fast food" chain and the menu is quite large. Besides chicken - pollo means chicken - there are lots of ethnic Costa Rican dishes. The times my friends and I have been to these places, I have always gotten some kind of chicken dish. The nice thing about the one in The Lincoln Mall is that it is very bright and off the main part of the mall. Also in the mall, there is a Starbucks. The prices are very reasonable at Rosti Pollo with about 12 dollars getting one a full meal.

1  Thank 777Tahoe
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We ate at Rosti Pollo because we were staying at the nearby Hampton Inn and it came highly reccoommended. We were not pleased at all. Service was slow, my soup was cold. It was like a n Olive Garden or TGI Fridays - not really what we had expected at all.
My guava juice- well I don't think iat was guava. It was a brown liquid sweetened with honey. It was pretty awful.