“Very Good”

Chubascos
Ranked #5 of 191 Restaurants in Alajuela
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This restaurant had the best food and service of all the places where we ate in Costa Rica. Family owned and always on site. Cozy, very clean, and surrounded by beautiful vegetation. Friendly and helpful staff. I highly recommend the casados, a local dish - delicious! I ate it in other restaurants but it couldn't be compared to Chubascos. I swear I could eat that every day. For dessert, try the home made apple pie (Costa Rican apples) and the arroz con leche. Ah, and do not forget to try their natural fruit drinks. Their coffee is pretty good too.
Naranjo, Alajuela, Costa Rica
“Very Good”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Service is amazing, people is very pleasant. Food is Very good (I only had breakfast) The rooms are very nice, detailed. The only thing missing is a phone in the room, because there is almost no reception and if you need to make a call or order in food, you wont be able to do it with your cell. Overall I liked it a lot.

Visited May 2014

Mexico City, Mexico
“Great family and inclusive typical place”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This is a place with typical Costa Rican food. It is accesible with stroller / wheel chair, so the youngest + oldest in the family are not excluded. Its located in Fraijanes in a very nice country side forest. Definitely an options for a weekend meal or after visiting the Poas Volcano.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank MaruyEnrique
San Jose, Costa Rica
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Do you want to enjoy Costa Rica in one trip? You want to go to Chubasco. Starting with a beautiful mountain trip, where you can enjoy real Costarican scenery out of Alajuela, with freat city view once you AT&T to climb up. Restaurant is a very nice typical Costarican house, with nice garden and even some hotel accommodation. Food is really good, all appetizers and main dishes, including natural juices. Patacones and Little sausages with tortillas mixtas are a must. My favorite for Sunday brunches with my family. You got to go....

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mike P
nyc
“Great family spot between Poas & the airport”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Found this great local spot here on TA and it was perfect for our group. Beautiful little garden which was nice for the kids to run around in before getting back on the road. Patacones and Casados were excellent. (The empanadas were the only things that were just ok, a bit greasy)

Visited April 2014
“Failed in the order”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Nailed it in the customer service. I went today with my family to this restaurant after my visit to Poas. It was pretty packed and I believe due this situation they failed delivering our order. My lomiti was overcooked and my wife order a dish and she got something else. Because we were on a hurry we did not argue though at the end I informed the cashier and he gave us a 15% discount. So at the end they made it up for us. We will definitely come back. The patacones and gallitos were just amazing!