“Outstanding!”

Chubascos
Ranked #4 of 210 Restaurants in Alajuela
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This restaurant had the best food and service of all the places where we ate in Costa Rica. Family owned and always on site. Cozy, very clean, and surrounded by beautiful vegetation. Friendly and helpful staff. I highly recommend the casados, a local dish - delicious! I ate it in other restaurants but it couldn't be compared to Chubascos. I swear I could eat that every day. For dessert, try the home made apple pie (Costa Rican apples) and the arroz con leche. Ah, and do not forget to try their natural fruit drinks. Their coffee is pretty good too.
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Do you want to enjoy Costa Rica in one trip? You want to go to Chubasco. Starting with a beautiful mountain trip, where you can enjoy real Costarican scenery out of Alajuela, with freat city view once you AT&T to climb up. Restaurant is a very nice typical Costarican house, with nice garden and even some hotel accommodation. Food is really good, all appetizers and main dishes, including natural juices. Patacones and Little sausages with tortillas mixtas are a must. My favorite for Sunday brunches with my family. You got to go....

1  Thank Mike P

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Found this great local spot here on TA and it was perfect for our group. Beautiful little garden which was nice for the kids to run around in before getting back on the road. Patacones and Casados were excellent. (The empanadas were the only things that were just ok, a bit greasy)

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Nailed it in the customer service. I went today with my family to this restaurant after my visit to Poas. It was pretty packed and I believe due this situation they failed delivering our order. My lomiti was overcooked and my wife order a dish and she got something else. Because we were on a hurry we did not argue though at the end I informed the cashier and he gave us a 15% discount. So at the end they made it up for us. We will definitely come back. The patacones and gallitos were just amazing!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

The food here is delicious. The typical plate comes with a green bean omelet which sounded bizarre to me, but tasted great. It's one of my favorite things I ate. We ate here a couple of times while we were staying in the area, and it was great every time.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Exellemt local fare. Prices excellent. Setting lovely. Well worh the stop on our way back from the volcano and waterfall gardens.