“Great Place close to Airport”
Review of Hotel Casa Tago

Hotel Casa Tago
Ranked #10 of 63 Alajuela B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Stayed here for one night after arriving in Costa Rica. The rooms are nice and there is a little kitchen to hang out. Only thing I didn't like was the carpet. My room had a window to the hall, so no view but it was very quiet. The staff was superfriendly and helpful. They gave me a map of Alajuela and marked some nice Cafés to check out. Definitly a great base for 1 or 2 nights in Alajuela.

• Stayed: December 2011

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I am an avid tripadvisor user and that's how I found Hotel Casa Tago. After ending my 2-week trip in beautiful Costa Rica, I wanted somewhere to stay right near the airport for my Jan 3rd departure back to New York. Hotel Casa Tago will ALWAYS be where I go when I have to be near the airport. The owners Costanza and her husband Roberto are a delight and make a great team. They are warm, friendly, kind and gave us "down-to-the-detail" directions when we wanted to visit downtown San Jose and the Poas Volcano. Hotel Casa Tago is laid out almost like a New York railroad apartment - straight back and side to side. Not all rooms have windows to the outside (some had windows to the hallway), but we were given a cute little corner room (#7) with a window with one single and one double bed. I've never been to a more immaculately cleaned B&B. I generally wipe things down with Lysol wipes and spray Lysol spray, but I really didn't feel the need to do so here. It was spotless! Alajuela is an adorable, laid-back town lined with "Soda" shops that close really early (so be forewarned if you want to dine out late).

There's also a computer if you choose to use the internet and safe street parking. There's a security gate to enter Casa and I really felt like I could have slept with my door unlocked. Breakfast was watermelon, pineapple, coffee, bread and the most delicious jam. My friend also was served one egg. Was the $35 worth it? You bet your sweet behind it was!! Hotel Casa Tago will always be my stopover if I need to be near the San Jose airport.

Room Tip: The two corner rooms in the back (7 and 8) were the most adorable
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed here for 2 evenings and the start and 2 evenings at the end of our Costa Rica trip. It is a clean and safe place and very good value. The owners are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We stayed here on the evening we arrived in Costa Rica and for the last two nights of our trip. We really liked this place for many reasons

1. It is really close to the airport and easy to find
2. The owners are really nice and helpful (e.g. with directions)
3. It was no problem to arrive late (10pm) or to leave early (5am)
4. The place was very clean - the room as well as the breakfast area and the hallway
5. The breakfast was very good (bread, spreads, egg, fruits, ...)
6. There were safe (free) parking options
7. It was a safe place to stay (we really hated all the safety measures in general in Costa Rica and particular in the towns and we never had any safety issues but apparently they are needed)
8. It was good value

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stefi L
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Great location, good value for money, enjoyable place, nothing to complain about. Nice and helpful staff. We would definetely return..!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed on the beginning and end of my trip to Costa Rica - it's a great alternative to the chaos of San Jose and about a $5 cab ride from the airport in downtown Alajuela. The owners went out of their way to help me and other travelers schedule activities and were just plain friendly and interested in making sure all their visitors enjoyed their time in Costa Rica. The rooms are rather basic, like many in Costa Rica but very clean and comfortable and definitely a good value.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Hi Guys, this is the best place to stay...i really recommend because we felt like home ...we had a great time there, extremely clean, very good breakfast, everything is ECO..free internet and the owners very, very nice and friendly... I can't say not even a bad word...quality-price 100% guarantee... Cosmin

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple