My Mother and I stayed here the first week of August. We searched the internet for the right "wellness retreat" and found that this met our requirements. Small, intimate, organic food, ionized pool, triple filtered drinking water, inclusive treatments.
The service was amazing and we felt like part of a family during our stay. The owner, Marisia Jimenez had a very well thought out vision for the retreat which has actualized into an incredible reality. She will go out of her way to help you and provide the right diet and treatments during your stay. The rooms are simple yet luxurious and very comfortable.
I would highly recommend Asclepios for anyone looking to get away to rest, relax, heal, detox or learn to eat better etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Asclepios (honoring the Greek God of Health) is located in Alajuela, Costa Rica and offers its guests 12 rooms which evoke the most important medical traditions of the world, together with a regulated ionized swimming pool, amphitheatre, fitness center, exercise pavilion, sauna, hammam, nature paths, 6 treatment lodges, a relaxation room and a Conference room.We are located on the edge of a tropical forest with views of the surrounding sugar cane and coffee plantations, mountains and volcanoes.We work with a team of selected holistic practitioners and highly skilled spa therapists. We have put together a great understanding and passion for physical, emotional and spiritual health resulting in great wellbeing.Asclepios also seeks to educate in environmental appreciation and conservation. It is built in siding and brick, two sustainable materials. We use thermal solar collectors and take advantage of natural ventilation and natural lighting. Wild life has been preserved and our primary and secondary forests have been untouched. Our quest is to restore the person’s whole being to its natural state of balance, by correcting such diverse factors as improper diet, sedentary lifestyle, lack of a correct oxygenation, negative thought patterns and their emotional impact, and the lack of rest or restorative sleep, among others.We do this by five Special Wellness Programs that include Detoxification and Revitalization Programs, Stress and Weight Management and the Spa Experience Program.A la carte: Naturopathy, Meditation, Pranayamas, Acupuntura, Floral Therapy, Vichy and Scottish Showers; Kneipp, Shiatsu, Shirodhara, Yoga, Reiki, Tai chi…And, as health also includes your palate: bioenergetic gastronomy, where you can rediscover the original flavors of vegetables, fruits and fish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Asclepios Wellness & Healing Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asclepios Wellness & Healing Retreat Hotel Alajuela
- Asclepios Wellness And Healing Retreat
- Asclepios Wellness & Healing Retreat Costa Rica/Alajuela