Randy and I had a wonderful time of healing here. We have been in marriage counseling with Imago Therapy with http://www.rickbrown.org/ which works! Then we decided to take a healing vacation here to Costa Rica. I can not say enough about the healing atmosphere of this special place. It is magical. Thanks to all staff and to Marisia Jiménez's vision. Your are a blessing.
We had wonderful wines from Central America each night with dinner on the terrace. They were excellent and reasonably priced. I took the cooking class and enjoyed it very much. The food is minimalist here but I felt so much better eating so lightly and healthy after our week here. It was fresh and well prepared. The salads are amazing. Although they did not have arugula as the menu stated. I think it must be hard to plan for so few people. This is an intimate place.
I really got into the whole healing process while here especially my emotions reading "Memory Palace" by Mira Bartok. The resting room is to be used properly. It would help to read up on healing modalities as this is a true healing place that seems ageless. Having studied Greek mythology helped too as this place oozes with it.
Ready to face the world and make life changes after our visit. Muchas gracias ,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Asclepios (honoring the Greek God of Health) is located in Alajuela, Costa Rica and offers its guests 12 rooms which evoke the most important medical traditions of the world, together with a regulated ionized swimming pool, amphitheatre, fitness center, exercise pavilion, sauna, hammam, nature paths, 6 treatment lodges, a relaxation room and a Conference room.We are located on the edge of a tropical forest with views of the surrounding sugar cane and coffee plantations, mountains and volcanoes.We work with a team of selected holistic practitioners and highly skilled spa therapists. We have put together a great understanding and passion for physical, emotional and spiritual health resulting in great wellbeing.Asclepios also seeks to educate in environmental appreciation and conservation. It is built in siding and brick, two sustainable materials. We use thermal solar collectors and take advantage of natural ventilation and natural lighting. Wild life has been preserved and our primary and secondary forests have been untouched. Our quest is to restore the person’s whole being to its natural state of balance, by correcting such diverse factors as improper diet, sedentary lifestyle, lack of a correct oxygenation, negative thought patterns and their emotional impact, and the lack of rest or restorative sleep, among others.We do this by five Special Wellness Programs that include Detoxification and Revitalization Programs, Stress and Weight Management and the Spa Experience Program.A la carte: Naturopathy, Meditation, Pranayamas, Acupuntura, Floral Therapy, Vichy and Scottish Showers; Kneipp, Shiatsu, Shirodhara, Yoga, Reiki, Tai chi…And, as health also includes your palate: bioenergetic gastronomy, where you can rediscover the original flavors of vegetables, fruits and fish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Asclepios Wellness & Healing Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asclepios Wellness & Healing Retreat Hotel Alajuela
- Asclepios Wellness And Healing Retreat
- Asclepios Wellness & Healing Retreat Costa Rica/Alajuela