WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“perfect value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Costa Rica Airport Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alajuela
Costa Rica Airport Lodge
Ranked #30 of 56 Alajuela B&B and Inns
Munich, Germany
“perfect value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at Hotel El Cacique for one night to catch an early flight the next morning. For just 20 dollars I had all I needed. A VERY clean room, hot shower, TV, comfi bed and very fast WIFI. John, the host, was very nice and aranged the taxi for the next morning. I can only recommend this hotel if you are looking for a affordable place to stay close to the airport. The taxi takes you there within a few minutes and is only 3 dollars. It's nothing special, but it fitted my needs perfectly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Einhornprinzessin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

close to airport, johnny is way chill, price is spot on...... perfect place for pura vida people..... if you want you can take his dog, "ringo" for a walk in the park across the street. 420 friendly, cold beers in the cooler downstairs, fast wi-fi in all rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank djspunu
Quepos, Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We found Hotel El Cacique 7 years ago when we needed a place close to the airport for an early morning departure. John made sure we were comfortable, headed us in the right directions for something to eat and gave us a coffee before sending us in a cab to the airport at 5 am!! Since then we have stayed there multiple times, taken family and friends there and sent clients from our business to John and everyone has always been more than satisfied!! Nice to know we can depend on John and Hotel El Cacique for a good night sleep after just arriving in Costa Rica or just getting ready to leave Costa Rica after a great holiday.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank livinthegoodlife2011
Durban, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was a fantastic place to stay in San Jose. John was fantastic - he collected me from the airport late at night, gave me plenty of information, was really friendly and made sure that I made it to my flight the next day. The rooms are clean, the wi-fi works well and you get a good night's sleep. A short walk from car rental agencies, restaurants and overlooks a park. Stay here!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank LaurenLC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

What an amazing spot! Great view of the valley and mountains! Convient to the airport! Highly recommend staying at hotel cacique! The owner is very accommodating.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Mhaun82
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Good spot if you arrive at the airport (San Jose) and want to crash somewhere close, or a good spot to stay the night before leaving.
Just a short walk from the car rental agencies that serve the airport, too.
Has wireless, which is always convenient.
A little hard to find, but not so bad if you contact Johnny and get specific directions.
Enjoy your stay!
Dan

Room Tip: All rooms are adequate and convenient.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank DaddyBruce
Buena Vista, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

After being bounced around by the car rental agency and wondering what I had got myself into, I was told of Hotel el Cacique. I was was welcomed there as a long time friend and treated by the family as a guest they had been waiting to arrive. They gave me the comfort I needed and a place to relax for what went from a one night visit to four nights. The helped me by taking me to the bus stations or directing to what I had to do to get around in Costa Rica. I returned to pick-up a friend after 10 days and left things to be protected on my next 2 weeks wondering around. Being only a 10 minute walk from the airport was a Great convinece. Having someone give me advice before I wondered off was very helpful to my 30 day stay, wondering aimlessly.

Room Tip: I liked both down stairs and upstairs, possibly down stairs was a litlle quieter,, but to me it was...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank bunnylanecabins
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alajuela
Holiday Inn Express San Jose Airport
#11 of 66 in San Jose
Hotel Pacande
Hotel Pacande
#2 of 56 in Alajuela

Been to Costa Rica Airport Lodge? Share your experiences!