“Can't beat the location for SJO airport to/from”
Review of Berlor Airport Inn

Berlor Airport Inn
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Alajuela
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We chose this hotel for our last night in Costa Rica before returning the rental car at 6am the next morning. Comfortable, quiet, "compact" rooms with air conditioning. Secure gated parking - you'll appreciate this when you see San Jose. There's even a nice little garden courtyard with swimming pool hidden in the middle and a fridge in the lobby stocked with beer & water you can buy. The beer absolutely saved me after the harrowing drive back into the city from the jungle. You'd never know you're just off a very busy road adjacent to the airport. Staff friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Until we arrived, I didn't realize this was on the same road about 1/2km from all the rental car places just outside the airport. You can't beat this for a last or first night to/from airport. I'm thanking my lucky stars for randomly finding this place on Tripadvisor and booking.com

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank ChicagoAlan

Dear Mr. Allan

I have read in detail about your extensive review of the features and benefits we offer travelers who consult Trip Advisor and booking.com
Thank you for remembering the good service, which with care and dedication we try to keep to all customers.

On your next visit to Costa Rica, please contact us in order to match any of your visits to our hotel either coming or going back home

We hope to recommend us to friends and family in Chicago.

Gutierrez Bernal
manager

Reviewed November 30, 2011

I chose this hotel based on an online search for something close to the airport. The pictures make the property look much larger that it is; there are only 10 rooms. This is actually a good thing, as service is excellent, and you really feel you are visiting someone's home and family. It was clean, pleasant, safe, and friendly.
The big positive surprise, however was the evening meal. Being early in the season, we were the only people for dinner, and we were served a spectacular meal in the garden. We opted for chicken, as good beef can be hard to find in Central America. I've eaten in many restaurants where I've paid many times more money, and enjoyed the meal far less. The sauce was excellent.
If you want cheap fast food, there's a pizza place down the street and the Berlor will happily order for you. However if you want a leisurely evening meal at a very good price, this is the place to be.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charliethetraveller1

Dear Mr. Charlie
Best wishes to you and your beautiful family, I want to personally thank your taking a few minutes of your time to direct your opinion. Thank remember the dinner at the Jardin lovingly prepared on site. we actually try to personalize the service and fought hard for the whole satisfacccion in every detail. Thanks again for your comments, they force us to continue on the path of excellence, I hope you recommend us to friends and relatives in Otowa

Bernal Gutierrez
Manager

Reviewed November 24, 2011

The Hotel was recommended by La Cocina at Manuel Antonio.
I was traveling with a couple, and there were no rooms left after we booked, so we all stayed in one room with 2 double beds. A pretty basic room/ not much light, but adequate.
Shuttle to the Airport available, and the Property is gated, so, even if it is in not so good neighborhood, it seems safe. They offer $15 dinners, which are way overpriced, but for convenience, people choose it- as did I. I ordered Fillet Mignon with potatoe puree, which I did not get, because they forgot that I ordered it. I got rice, which I did not want (white). The mushroom cause was pretty horrible and very spicy- which i can't eat, but nobody asked. The piece of meat was small, and done so poorly, that I sent it back 3x, and when it finally came, it was inedible. The cheese cake I got was still frozen solid- i could barely hack small pieces off it to sort of eat it. Though I didn't hardly eat it and did not like it- I told the person working at the Front desk- yet, I had to pay $15 for the bad experience.

Room Tip: Do not eat the overpriced meals there. They are no good
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank KirklandWAJara
berlorair, Gerente at Berlor Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Guest We have read carefully your review and I must thank for you, as manager of place request the video for your dinner and I noted their claims, however you finished completely your dinner and your dessert, for us is important to have with the videos and detection of versions for improve, faithfully think that should have a problem with your dinner, we are working trying do not repeated to other people. thank you for your help

Bernal Gutierrez

Manager

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Close to the airport, cheap, clean, great garden, great breakfast and most of all friendly and very helfull staff.
LG, from Los Angeles

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Popkorn1955

Dear Popkorn 1955

A cordial greeting I want to thank your taking a few minutes of your time to direct your opinion.

The hotel staff has read your positive comments about the quality of service and cleanliness at our hotel

actually try to personalize the service and fought hard for satisfacccion of each guest.

Thanks again for your feedback thus achieve more travelers that we take as a decision to remain the first and last night at our hotel.

Please recommend us to friends and family

Lester Luquez

Reviewed October 15, 2011

My stay at Berlor Hotel was very pleasant, especially because the staff is truly friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is situated very close to the airport (3 km), and it offers free pick up at any time. This proximity is practical for early morning departures or late evening arrivals. And though the airport is close by, the rooms themselves are quiet, I was never disturbed by air traffic. I was travelling alone and had a some problems with my luggage, and the staff (especially Lester) was extremely helpful in helping me deal with the formalities involved. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a safe and practical place to stay, close to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Ivanka_11
Hotel-Rio S, Director de Recepción at Berlor Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Dear Ivanka

I want to thank you have taken a few minutes of your valuable time to remember your experience in our beautiful country, I want to thank you remembered specific details about the quality of service, in my case I do it with pleasure, we constantly try to enable us to improve our service customer and exceed expectations .... back soon
Please advise if you wish to return and we will serve you with dedication

Lester

Reviewed September 15, 2011

The owner of this small family run hotel does an excellent job making sure all your needs are met. He is also an excellent chef. The superb service, food, cleanliness, and very close proximity to the airport, more than make up for the small room and the not very pretty street they are located on. I thought it gave us a nice taste of the local flavor, but I still felt very safe because of the very nice security guard on duty at night.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank HotMamaof3

Dear Guest / Hotmamaof3

On behalf of the hotel staff we thank you and your family remember many details during your stay. For us it is a pleasure to have served during your stay. Food and details on cleaning is one of our biggest concerns. We appreciate your recognition and hope to return soon and also recommend us to friends.

Lester Luquez

Reviewed September 6, 2011

Our stay at Berlor Hotel was nothing short of perfect. The staff was friendly and very helpful. And the dinners served up were out of this world. We'll gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Lee S

Dear Guest

Dear Guest
We appreciate you have taken a few minutes to give us a perfect score, the hotel staff have read your comment and is motivated to continue giving the best ,Thanks, hope to see you again soon.

Silvia, Adolfo,Bernal