“Bad meal”
Review of Berlor Airport Inn

Berlor Airport Inn
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Alajuela
Reviewed November 24, 2011

The Hotel was recommended by La Cocina at Manuel Antonio.
I was traveling with a couple, and there were no rooms left after we booked, so we all stayed in one room with 2 double beds. A pretty basic room/ not much light, but adequate.
Shuttle to the Airport available, and the Property is gated, so, even if it is in not so good neighborhood, it seems safe. They offer $15 dinners, which are way overpriced, but for convenience, people choose it- as did I. I ordered Fillet Mignon with potatoe puree, which I did not get, because they forgot that I ordered it. I got rice, which I did not want (white). The mushroom cause was pretty horrible and very spicy- which i can't eat, but nobody asked. The piece of meat was small, and done so poorly, that I sent it back 3x, and when it finally came, it was inedible. The cheese cake I got was still frozen solid- i could barely hack small pieces off it to sort of eat it. Though I didn't hardly eat it and did not like it- I told the person working at the Front desk- yet, I had to pay $15 for the bad experience.

Room Tip: Do not eat the overpriced meals there. They are no good
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank KirklandWAJara
berlorair, Gerente at Berlor Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Guest We have read carefully your review and I must thank for you, as manager of place request the video for your dinner and I noted their claims, however you finished completely your dinner and your dessert, for us is important to have with the videos and detection of versions for improve, faithfully think that should have a problem with your dinner, we are working trying do not repeated to other people. thank you for your help

Manager

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Close to the airport, cheap, clean, great garden, great breakfast and most of all friendly and very helfull staff.
LG, from Los Angeles

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Popkorn1955

Dear Popkorn 1955

A cordial greeting I want to thank your taking a few minutes of your time to direct your opinion.

The hotel staff has read your positive comments about the quality of service and cleanliness at our hotel

actually try to personalize the service and fought hard for satisfacccion of each guest.

Thanks again for your feedback thus achieve more travelers that we take as a decision to remain the first and last night at our hotel.

Please recommend us to friends and family

Lester Luquez

Reviewed October 15, 2011

My stay at Berlor Hotel was very pleasant, especially because the staff is truly friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is situated very close to the airport (3 km), and it offers free pick up at any time. This proximity is practical for early morning departures or late evening arrivals. And though the airport is close by, the rooms themselves are quiet, I was never disturbed by air traffic. I was travelling alone and had a some problems with my luggage, and the staff (especially Lester) was extremely helpful in helping me deal with the formalities involved. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a safe and practical place to stay, close to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Ivanka_11
Hotel-Rio S, Director de Recepción at Berlor Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Dear Ivanka

I want to thank you have taken a few minutes of your valuable time to remember your experience in our beautiful country, I want to thank you remembered specific details about the quality of service, in my case I do it with pleasure, we constantly try to enable us to improve our service customer and exceed expectations .... back soon
Please advise if you wish to return and we will serve you with dedication

Lester

Reviewed September 15, 2011

The owner of this small family run hotel does an excellent job making sure all your needs are met. He is also an excellent chef. The superb service, food, cleanliness, and very close proximity to the airport, more than make up for the small room and the not very pretty street they are located on. I thought it gave us a nice taste of the local flavor, but I still felt very safe because of the very nice security guard on duty at night.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank HotMamaof3

Dear Guest / Hotmamaof3

On behalf of the hotel staff we thank you and your family remember many details during your stay. For us it is a pleasure to have served during your stay. Food and details on cleaning is one of our biggest concerns. We appreciate your recognition and hope to return soon and also recommend us to friends.

Lester Luquez

Reviewed September 6, 2011

Our stay at Berlor Hotel was nothing short of perfect. The staff was friendly and very helpful. And the dinners served up were out of this world. We'll gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Lee S

Dear Guest

Dear Guest
We appreciate you have taken a few minutes to give us a perfect score, the hotel staff have read your comment and is motivated to continue giving the best ,Thanks, hope to see you again soon.

Silvia, Adolfo,Bernal

Reviewed August 3, 2011

If you are coming in or out of San Jose and need a place to stay before going on to the rest of the country, go here. The price is moderate but you get far more than the cheaper places. Free internet, free calls to the US, Cable TV, shuttles to/from the airport. It is very close to the airport and highway for easy in and out. The rooms are small but the restaurant and bar are great. Classy drinks and top-notch food cooked by the owner for you personally each evening. We loved it and it was the most relaxing (and best eating) way to end the trip.

Room Tip: Book online, in person, or on the phone.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JutWags7
Hotel-Rio S, Gerente at Berlor Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Dear Guests

I want to thank you on behalf of all the staff, have taken a few minutes of your valuable time to remember their experience in our beautiful country, I want to thank you for recalling specific details on the quality of service and food, in my case I do it with pleasure constantly try to enable us to improve our customer service and to exceed the expectations .... Thanks again for recommending our website visitors, back soon
Please advise if you wish to return and we will serve you with dedication

Reviewed August 2, 2011

I have stayed at the Berlor at least 10 xs over the past 4 years. I would not stay anywhere else for several reasons. First of all- it is very close to the airport & the staff will take you or pick you up at any time of the day or night. Secondly, all of the staff display the "famous Tico friendliness" and make you feel at home. The owner/manager is usually on site ( or his daughter is) and they speak excellent English- for those of us with poor Spanish skills!
The cost is in the average range for a small hotel- but they provide so much more. There is interent access, a cute swimming pool and the best home cooked meals available for supper. By the way- the decor is all Costa Rican wood- furniture made by the owner's brother. Lastly, they can hook you up with any tour or travel to the rest of the country. They have travelled extensively and know where the best deals are- not to mention the best experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Mrs. Heather

Receive a warm greeting from all staff of the Hotel, as you mentioned your opinion is worth much to future travelers to Costa Rica.

We appreciate you have taken a room in your busy schedule to write your comments about our hotel.

Thank you for your constant visits, we hope to see you again soon.