“Totally unexpected.”

Jalapenos Central
Ranked #1 of 186 Restaurants in Alajuela
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Description: Open 7 days a week. Mon- sat 11:30-9:00 pm Sun 11:30-8:00 pm Accept credit cards except American express
Corozal Town, Belize
“Totally unexpected.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food is totally unexpected! I have been here several times and like to try different options from the menu.The burritos are awesome. The service is great as well.

• Visited May 2013

Alajuela, Costa Rica
“Hot stuff”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Burrito or zoupa Azteca are great. Always congenial staff. Hot sauce is served on the side. Beers or margaritas available. Desserts include pecan pie or cakes.

Visited April 2014
Alajuela, Costa Rica
“Lunch, dinner, nice local place w Good Mexican food”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Service good. Beer cold. Mex food consistently good. Local foreign population hot spot Patacones original. Burritos good. Owner has well trained, loyal staff.

• Visited April 2014
Grecia, Costa Rica
“Great TexMex food”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Possibly the Best Tex-Mex food I have had anywhere and the very best in Costa Rica. Greeted by Norman,the owner (unless he is in the kitchen), and his great well trained staff.

There is a great variety here, making my selections difficult, but I have never had a meal that I did not like. I cannot tell you about the deserts because I never have room to try them. Norman's restaurant every chance we get.

• Visited March 2014
Austin, Texas
“Best Tex-Mex in Costa Rica”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The food here was amazing. I had the veggie tacos and my friend had the tortilla soup. We also split some fried yucca. Everything was delicious and we were stuffed, but when they brought the dessert tray around we couldn't resist. I got a slice of the best carrot cake I've ever had and my friend got the passion fruit flan (I think). She said it was also delicious, but I was too in love with my carrot cake to try hers. If you're in the area, I highly recommend having a meal (or more) here.

Visited April 2014