“Good Mexican food!”

Jalapenos Central
Ranked #1 of 183 Restaurants in Alajuela
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open 7 days a week. Mon- sat 11:30-9:00 pm Sun 11:30-8:00 pm Accept credit cards except American express
Michigan
“Good Mexican food!”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Situated in downtown Alejuela, with a good selection of very tasty Mexican dishes. Friendly service, nice atmosphere, and a welcome break from Costa Rican food for vacationers. They even brought a plate of desert options to our table, each desert looking better than the others.

We did not get the Monster Burrito and kind of wish we had. They fellow next to us had one and it looked good. But the regular burrito was plenty of food for us.

Google Maps told me this place was "permanently closed", and there was a very nasty review there. But it is open and that review is highly suspect. So trust your TripAdvisor friends and eat well!

Visited January 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We showed up at Jalapenos on a busy night, were seated in less time than we thought imaginable, and then proceeded to have a great meal (including apps and dessert) at what felt like a super leisurely pace. Loved the atmosphere and service, thanks!

• Visited January 2014
Monroe, Connecticut
“Fabulous!!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Great food! Everyone at our table enjoyed their meal. Wonderful atmosphere. Very accommodating host and wait staff.

Visited January 2014
Alajuela, Costa Rica
“You are in for a treat....”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

About 6 years ago we found Jalapenos and were instantly hooked. I had been craving good Tex-Mex food for a while since we moved to Costa Rica and we found it right under our nose. I can't say enough about the quality of the food, it is the best! Norman the owner and food magician is a great friend and make you feel right at home. The salsa is killer! and the Monster Burritos are fantastic (my favorite). If you are in Alajuela you must try it, but beware the food is addictive. The prices are great and if you need directions Norman will help you find your way. Hope to see you there we are there at least once a month .

• Visited November 2013
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Constantly Craving Jalapenos!!!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife and I spent 5 weeks in Costa Rica summer 2013. As Alajuela is a central hub for various transportation routes, we were in and out every week or so. Once we found Jalapenos we were hooked!! As Vegans, sometimes finding GOOD vegan or vegetarian food is tricky. Not at Jalapenos! Norm has considerately planned his menu to accomodate ALL eaters. The food was fantastic!! We tried many things on the menu (as most could be made with their custom veggie blend) and were never dissapointed. There are unique creations that you will never see anywhere else. No matter what you get; spring for the spicy patacones (supreme? jalapenos? I can't remember the name) ... Norm and his staff were great! I was so addicted to Jalapenos that the day we rode the bus(es) all the way from Boca-del-Toro (Panama.....15 hours), I just kept thinking "I hope we can make it to Jalapenos in time"..... with 10 minutes to spare (and full packs on our backs) we stumbled into Jalapenos to a warm welcome and cold maragaritas!!! I can't thank Norm enough; and can't wait to get back there someday soon!!! --Norm; I'm still collecting license plates for you ;)

• Visited June 2013