“Alajuela spice”

Jalapenos Central
Ranked #1 of 186 Restaurants in Alajuela
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Description: Open 7 days a week. Mon- sat 11:30-9:00 pm Sun 11:30-8:00 pm Accept credit cards except American express
Jacksonville, Florida
“Alajuela spice”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We went here at the beginning and end of our trip for the Tortilla soup! It is fantastic. The magarita's are a descent price and tasty. The burritos were okay. Location is good since it is center city. Service was average on both trips which seems to be pretty typical of Costa Rica.

• Visited October 2012

Los Angeles, California
“Letdown”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was my second time going to Jalapenos. I recall the first time was good. This time I ordered the fajitas (steak) and it was ......completely lackluster. The steak was very tough. Perhaps I ordered the wrong dish? Would not recommend the fajitas. A bit of a chore to eat and not that cheap. All in all, I don't think I'll be going back. Not super easy to find, just ask the locals where the post office is and you will stumble upon the restaurant.

Visited October 2012
Norman f, Owner at Jalapenos Central, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I truly apologize for your fajitas. We have been having trouble with our butcher, where one day he is on the money another day way off. Please accept my apologies and come by for a full meal on me. The works!!!! appetizer, please try our burritos!!!! dessert and beer or margarita. Next time when you feel uncomfortable in any way just tell me please We´ll make good everytime!!!!
“Amazing food, great people”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My sister and I came here on our way out of Costa Rica. As two vegetarians and southern Californians (I'm from San Diego) our options can be a bit limited. We're both a bit spoiled when it comes to Mexican food also since we have easy access to great stuff at home. The food was soo good!! We got nachos, vegetarian burrito and a cheese enchilada. They were all really good and they had some really tasty hot sauce. As in the other posts, the owner made a point to chat with each table to make sure they were satisfied. I'd come back in a heartbeat. A must-eat in San Jose!!

1 Thank Kim110584
“Awesome Mexican Food!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was an awesome place for dinner and definitely reasonably priced. Mary, from adventure inn sent us here and it was worth it! A little confusing getting there at first but once we made it, we were super happy we did! I had the naches supreme and my boyfriend had the burrito, we each had a drink, shared dessert and it came to about $20 with the tip. I would definitely recommend this place if it were in my neighborhood, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone hoping to find a Mexican fix in Costa Rica!

drake bay, osa penninsula, costa rica
“Good food, good people”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This tex-mex restaurant has great food. The atmosphere is fun with lots of conversation, and the owner, Norman, is a great conversationalist.

The portions and prices are right.

I would highly recommend you stop here and fill your belly!

Visited October 2012