“Great restaurant, great food and fantastic owner/manager.”
Review of Jalapenos Central

Jalapenos Central
Ranked #2 of 194 Restaurants in Alajuela
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Description: Open 7 days a week. Mon- sat 11:30-9:00 pm Sun 11:30-8:00 pm Accept credit cards except American express
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Yesterday I was in Boston preparing for our trip to Costa Rica. I decided to check tripadvisor for hotel recommendations in Alajuela, so we could go for dinner tonight. I read a GREAT review about Jalapeno Central and decided we should go. It was worth taking the chance. The owner was fantastic and went out of his way to talk to us, and every other table at the restuarant. It was excellent Mexican food. I was with my 10 year old daughter who equally enjoyed her meal, the atmosphere, and her first night ever in Costa Rica. I'm attaching a picture of us with the owner.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

This was such a great place! We visited on the recommendation of a friend who has lived in Alajuela for the past 20 years, so he knows whats good. This was the first place we went out to eat, and the food was fantastic!

We arrived with 2 small children (one was asleep) and 4 adults. They quickly made a large table for us, and the service was prompt and fluid, even with our halting attempts at Spanish. The owner is from New York, and he favored us with a long chat about what was great about Costa Rica. He made us feel very welcome.

The decor was downright nostalgic; after coming into Costa Rica I didn't expect such an authentic Mexican feel! The food was better than many Mexican restaurants I've eaten in in Texas and Mexico. I highly recommend eating here.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

I went for dinner and was really good, the food was awesome. I spent lest that $20 for two plates with soft drinks.

Reviewed June 22, 2011

Alajuela is a pretty area, nice central park, and only 3 blocks away the best Tex-Mex in Ticolandia.
We met a friend for lunch for our first visit to Norman's, all our meals were excellent, hearty portions, well prepared and tasty---careful, for you must save room for one of Norman's delicious desserts!
Attentive waitstaff, reasonable prices, family friendly atmosphere---we'll be back!
A high recommendation for Norman's Jalareño Central!

1  Thank ed4_vida_rica
Reviewed June 17, 2011

This was the best food we ate all week! Awesome owners who were so kind to us. We loved the monster burrito, the enchiladas and the patacones are a must try. Put this place at the top of your list. They also own a B&B worth checking out called Vida Tropical.