“add this to your list of must do things”
Review of Jalapenos Central

Jalapenos Central
Ranked #2 of 198 Restaurants in Alajuela
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Open 7 days a week. Mon- sat 11:30-9:00 pm Sun 11:30-8:00 pm Accept credit cards except American express
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Alajuela is a pretty area, nice central park, and only 3 blocks away the best Tex-Mex in Ticolandia.
We met a friend for lunch for our first visit to Norman's, all our meals were excellent, hearty portions, well prepared and tasty---careful, for you must save room for one of Norman's delicious desserts!
Attentive waitstaff, reasonable prices, family friendly atmosphere---we'll be back!
A high recommendation for Norman's Jalareño Central!

1  Thank ed4_vida_rica

Reviewed June 17, 2011

This was the best food we ate all week! Awesome owners who were so kind to us. We loved the monster burrito, the enchiladas and the patacones are a must try. Put this place at the top of your list. They also own a B&B worth checking out called Vida Tropical.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

Jalapenos has consistently fantastic mexican.
My mum is living in Costa Rica and went there 4 nights in a row and at least on 3 other seperate occasions. All I had heard about before I arrived is the amazing food at jalapenos.
She took me there on my first night here and everything mum had told me did not do it justice. We returned the next night and I have already planned to go back the 2 nights before I leave.
Not only is the food amazing but the owner is fantastic and the waitresses are so much fun and lovely.
I would highly recommend to EVERYONE!!

Reviewed June 13, 2011

The food is always good and the people are the best - very warm and friendly. the place is clean, prices are reasonable. Jalepenos is my choice for dinner every time I go to Alajuela.

Reviewed April 17, 2011

I visted Jalapeno Central back in 2009...... Great food ! Norman (the owner and cook) was the best. Bring some rum (Flores d cana) and mix it in with the fresh fruit juice offered..... it is the yummy! Norman is from NY and speaks English, always a plus!