While quite late in writing this review, better late than never. We stayed twice at Hotel Cortez Azul April, 2008 for two nights each time while traveling all of Costa Rica for about a month. I'm writing this review now as we're talking about going back to Costa Rica in 2014 and while chatting about it realized I'd not written a review upon our return to the states. I had at the time of our visit saved contact info of the various places we definitely wanted to visit or stay at again and Hotel Cortez Azul was high on the list.
We found it very affordable, eclectic and yes, somewhat of a hostel as opposed to an outright traditional hotel (but we liked that extra artist flair it exudes and I might add we're now 60 years old, not kids) and the couple of pensioners we met while at breakfast in the delightful backyard common eating area very interesting to talk to. I'd recommend this hotel to most folks I know, just not the ones who prefer sleeping at the high priced Hyatt Regencies etc. of the world.
No off street parking but we parked our car in the secure parking just down the street like you'd do in almost any country of the world where you travel as strangers and we leave no valuables in our vehicles or rooms. We take no valuables we can't afford to lose, anywhere. Passports and the like as well as cameras just never leave our possession and clothes, well they can be had anywhere but do always park any rented vehicles securely, no matter where you are.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- To fly in and out of Costa Rica for convenience may need to stay near an airport and the Juan Santamaria in Alajuela. The hotel is conveniently located Cortez Azul near the most important airport in Costa Rica. Alajuela is located only 2 km away and about 5 minutes from airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Hotel Cortez Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cortez Azul Hotel Alajuela
- Hotel Cortez Azul Costa Rica/Alajuela