“Was an okay stay for what appeared like a commission recommendation.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Internacional JM

Hotel Internacional JM
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alajuela
Hotel Internacional JM
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Alajuela
Toronto, Canada
“Was an okay stay for what appeared like a commission recommendation.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2008

I got off the Caribe Bus Terminal and was swarmed with "cab" drivers. I was intent on staying at another hotel and was told that since on Sept. 15 it was independance day all the roads would be closed and i would be too far away from the airport. So they recommended this place for my max $30 recommendation. It was in Alajuela which is 5 min from the airport, so I chanced getting scammed for the assurance that I would make my flight. Once cabbie who came in after me asked for his commission upfront, right in front of me. I had an ok stay except that the lady that was at the reception desk had no idea how to enter the 30 dollars into debit machine. she wound up charging me C167,000.000 ($360!US) I realized this after an hour of shopping...So i went back and had to explain to her that it was wrong, she denied it. I had a cabbie confirm it was wrong and showed her other receipts i had. What a mess. So she says she was going to enter it again, she winds up charging me again this time at a lower rate she says of C157,000.000 ($300!!) I'm like i need refund slips and refused to sign the last one. I had to get back there and show her how to refund the transaction. One was refundable the other one was not -- so i have to dispute that one with my credit card company...fun. There were two computers and wifi available free. The water was tepid. They had TV and I believe that breakfast was included, but I was leaving at 4 am so I missed it. A bonus was that it was close to the Mall Internacional, like a 7 min walk and the streets seemed a bit safer than Barrio Amon in San Jose...i.e. didn't see any street sleepers. It had air conditioning and a balcony. An ok place, but not worth the hassle to pay with a credit card. Be careful with the transactions folks!

• Liked — air conditioning, tv, clean!
  • Disliked — check in credit card nightmare.
  • Stayed September 2008
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)