“Pretty Nice”

Greystone Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vance
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was a one night stay for my husband and I, and after taxes cost us about $78. My husband and I planned on attending a concert in Tuscaloosa, and the next day going into Birmingham. The location of this hotel was convenient for us since it's located between the two, but not too far away from either. It is nice and quiet, but not far from the interstate. There aren't any restaurants located at the exit, but for us this wasn't an issue, but may be for others. Checking in was easy, and we were told about the complimentary drinks. We had a room on the third floor with a king size bed. The room was spacious, and had a mini fridge, kitchen sink, and coffee maker. The bed was comfy. My only complaint about the room is that the water pressure in the shower wasn't as good as I hoped. The staff here were friendly and helpful. After we checked out I realized I had left my pillow behind. I called and they found it, and held it for me. The facilities were exceptionally clean and well kept. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The staff at the reception desk were extremely friendly and helpful. Great for the price. Enjoyed the complimentary soda and crackers. Rooms have microwave and refrigerator . Beds are a little firm for my taste but other than that it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We travel to Tuscaloosa to watch the Alabama games My wife wanted to do some shopping this trip so we decided to try the Greystone on this trip. The room was clean and comfortable and staff is exceptional. We will stay here for all our overnight stays for bama games.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TerryMissy
Reviewed August 22, 2012

As a frequent traveler, I always recognize great customer service and try to stay at hotels/inns where there is great value and exceptional service. Greystone exceeded my expectations.

We frequent Tuscaloosa and our first stay at Greystone ensures it will be our only choice from this point forward. After nine hours of travel for UA dorm move-in day, we arrived with a flooded car. Eight hours were spent in torrential rains and my sun roof sprung a leak. The staff were so helpful. They provided towels and newspapers for drying carpet, secured a covered spot for our car for the night and were outgoing and positive. It exceeded expectations, far surpassed "great" customer service and was just graceful and kind.

The rooms are fine, very clean and it is a great value. That enough would have ensured our return. Their support and assistance clenched it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The hotel was very clean and the room was large, we had a double queen suite. The free breakfast was fine, no real hot meal but plenty of cereal, muffins, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal and microwaveable biscuits and sausage. The staff was awesome, very friendly and helpful. The free water, soda and snacks are a nice touch. My only complaint was that one of the conforters, they are a dark brown color, was very stained. It didn't really bother me to use it since everything smelled clean and fresh, but it should probably be replaced. It is located in a quiet area but worked perfect for our needs.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed before and have not been disappointed. Staff is friendly. Rooms are spacious. If you like to keep your room freezing cold you will need extra blankets. The bed spreads are a little thin. Overall great value.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Very nice place. Room and TV were great for price. There is nothing close by if you are looking for near restaurants. Highway sign tried to compare to a Hampton Inn, but sheets, breakfast and coffee are not up to Hampton quality.

• Stayed: July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vance
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa
#4 of 35 in Tuscaloosa
Ramada Tuscaloosa
Ramada Tuscaloosa
#16 of 35 in Tuscaloosa

Been to Greystone Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!