“"Sequoyah Caverns, Nature at it's best"”

Sequoyah Caverns and Ellis Homestead
Crowley, Louisiana
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“"Sequoyah Caverns, Nature at it's best"”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

On a recent trip to North East Alabama, a trip I planned for a good while to see these caverns, I finally made it to the Cavern... It is a beautiful drive out to the cavern in Valley Head, Alabama... As you approach the cavern welcome center you are greeted by a beautiful peacock... There are also some old log cabins on the grounds for those of you who like to look at them... The welcome center is a nice clean facility that I believe is run by a father & son team... The cost of the tour is very reasonable and there is also a nice little gift shop... Carrie my tour guide, was very giving of all the information she knew about the cavern... It was good to see some of the "local cave residents" (bats & crickets)... I would say my tour took about 55 minutes to an hour which was very comfortable for a 54 year old out of shape man (lol)... Would I tour Sequoyah Caverns again, you bet... But would like to bring family or friends next time to share the adventure...

Visited April 2013
5 Thank Gerald L

Southside, Alabama, United States
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Sequoyah Caverns”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Sequoyah Caverns is one of nature's true beautys. You tour the gave on a guided trip. At Christmas there is a beautiful light show presented. Buffalo roam the pasture land surronding the Caverns.

2 Thank Jean H
Montevallo, Alabama
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“Nice Cave and Tour”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The tour costs about $16.50 which is reasonable. The tour lasts about 35 minutes, and you get to see lots of stalagmites and stalagtites. The pathway is easy, but can be slippery in spots. The photos on here dont give the cave justice, and what i liked the most is there are a lot of reflecting pools that give lots of mirror reflection views throughout the caverns. Definitely worth a stop if you are on your way to Chattanooga. There aren't any signs that i saw on the interstate, so plan ahead if you want to stop.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank autigerrealtor
Atlanta, Georgia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great experience - especially good for a first time try”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I visited today. I am claustrophobic. We were headed to Ruby Falls and Rock City. I am so glad we stopped and visited. We were the only people there for the tour. Carrie, our guide, was very understanding of my anxiety and made me feel very comfortable. She was full of information and took her time with us. The cavern was a cool 60 degrees which was wonderful. The formations are beautiful. The reflections should be seen in person. If you're looking for a different experience and love nature, please visit Sequoyah Caverns. I believe it was just over $33.00 for the two of us. I tend to be frugal, but felt very happy with the price paid vs. the experience. They have a nativity in December. We hope to return. Mr. Ellis was very friendly when we returned. There are chickens, peacocks, and turkeys hanging around the property. In response to previous posts about updates being needed - maybe so, but we didn't pay to see the gift shop or picnic area. They are a family owned operation.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank AshPeLa
Fort Payne, Alabama
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fasinating cavern!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

1st time ever in a cavern! great history, Temperature so comfortable year round. Lots of BATS! Everyone should go.