“The place to stay and eat when visiting Tuskegee”

Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center
Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tuskegee
Reviewed March 23, 2012

The hotel is located on the grounds of historic Tuskegee University. We had the opportunity to spend the night while in Alabama for a nostalgic getaway. The stay was first rate. The staff was very friendly and exceptionally helpful. We ate dinner and breakfast at the Kellogg Center and the quality of the food was very good as well. Would certainly recommend this property to anyone visiting Tuskegee.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank connoisseur2

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Business brought me to Tuskegee, and I'm so thankful. The Kellogg Center is on the grounds of historic Tuskegee University where you can tour the George Washington Carver museum and Booker T. Washington's residence. The nearby airport houses the new Tuskegee Airmen historic site, a definite must. The University grounds, built by its students, are pristine and breathe its devotion to its largely scientific education as opportunity for Black Americans. A white like me can only imagine what it must have meant to countless students working & studying to fulfill the country's unrealized dream. Food at the Kellog's restaurant is very good. Rooms are 3-4 star quality.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Galooba
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I had a great stay, Dorothy Hall is a must stay, the Carver Suite is where George Washington Carver stayed when he was at Tuskegee University. Dorothy's Place restaurant served great food, and Skegee Lounge with live music on the weekend was excellent.

Room Tip: Near the Oaks and Tuskegee Airmen Field.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Donmann1983
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I stayed at the property this past weekend and had a wonderful experience! I cannot say enough about the staff either, what you would expect of southern hospitality. The property is onsite of Tuskegee University, with the Carver Museum attached to it as well. There were several groups there for meetings, banquets and tour groups - I was surprised at the diverse type of groups they handle and how everyone pitches in to lend a hand. The property just finished a renovation of their lobby, restaurant and lounge so my sense of arrival was great. The food was wonderful and reasonably priced. Mr Murray in the restaurant was always pleasant and Ms. Mena in the lounge is a great host, she even has a following. As I write this I cant help but smile at all the wonderful people I met within the hotel and within the community. This past weekend was the release of the Red Tails movie and I was able to get time to go to the Tuskegee Airmen museum, little did I know they were having an event and I was able to meet 3 of the airmen as well as the mayor and councilmen - all could not have been more kind. I am telling you, if your in the area you must go visit this property and the museums to learn more about Tuskegee and its rich history!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank steph2237
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Did not stay at hotel but enjoyed a good lunch buffet. The food was constantly refreshed so it was hot and the food was delicious. The price was reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Atl30309
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Selected for its proximity to our early next morning destination, Tuskegee's history, and the nearest competitor's utter lack of positive online reviews. We called the hotel at 8pm, near the end of a long road trip, and the desk clerk insisted we pull off the dark road to get the credit card #, else he would not hold the reservation for the 30 mins until we arrived. The "newly renovated" bar had no olives or lime juice but a plethora of fruit flies everywhere. Our room and bathroom were the darkest we've ever seen. Bed was broken. Shower head was covered in orange mould. Went down for 7am breakfast, had to enter the kitchen, calling out HELLO, to find staff to order food. Order arrived wrong, she said we didn't order eggs. We could see through the coffee. Then they began to vacuum while we ate. The WiFi never worked, clerk said "sometimes it doesn't work on the 2nd floor." This place is the pits.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank tanguru
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This hotel is not really a hotel and conference center, it is a fraud. I arrived to check in at 2:45 and was told rooms were not ready. The staff just makes excuses for why things are not done on time. At 5:30 I finally received a key to the room and when I arrive the room has not been cleaned. I saw the maid in the hall so I ask her if she was going to clean the room and she wanted to know if I wanted the beds redone and they were clearly unmade. I told her that I had just checked in! This has got the be the laziest group of people running a hotel that I have ever seen. When I returned to check out there was a line of people in the lobby and the manager just kept walking around doing nothing. I advised them that I was going to stay at a more suitable hotel that has a brand name. I checked out and went to the Hampton Inn in Auburn. If they would rent this place for $10.00 a night I would not stay there. I guest it matters what you are use to and I am very use to upscale , clean hotels and this one does not cut the mustard.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank love7761
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuskegee
Courtyard Auburn
Courtyard Auburn
#4 of 16 in Auburn
The Hotel at Auburn University
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Opelika

Been to Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!