“Unusual Dining Experience”

Rattlesnake Saloon
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Tuscumbia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've eaten at the Rattlesnake Saloon a number of times. The lunch crowd is everyone from church ladies to grandmas. The weekend night crowd is a partying group with no children allowed. They have live country music on Friday and Saturday Nights. It can get very crowded some nights.

The food is sandwiches and burgers, a little pricey, but good.
It is a theme restaurant- being built in a cave. You go for the atmosphere rather than the food anyway.

Be aware that this is a seasonal restaurant and saloon. It is closed in winter. It is outdoors and gets chilly in the evenings starting in September. It's only open Thursday-Sunday. Check the website for times they will be open for business.

This has to be one of the most unusual places I've ever eaten.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Food was ok at best. If you sit under the rock, the floor is not level. I set the ketchup bottle down and watched it slowly slide down the table. Definitely pretty cool place

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I would like to give 5 stars for the experience and 3 for the food. The setting is incredible, eating underneath the rock overhang was like cave dining. The food is about average, we all had hamburgers, the servers did their job but did not seem especially enthused or friendly. Alcohol is not served until after 5:00, so don't be planning on a beer with your lunch. We wandered around a bit after we ate and took some great photos. I would highly recommend it for the setting and the experience. After you're finished take a drive up to the coon dog cemetery, it's just a few miles up the road.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were dining at the Marriott in Muscle Shoals, AL when we overheard another table talking about going to the Rattlesnake Saloon on their way out of town the next day. They raved about this place so much that we decided to do the same.

So we didn't know to expect the fun ride in the pickup trunk (there were 4 grown ups and five kids ages 14-2). We also didn't expect that the Belly Buster (or whatever they call that huge $40 hamburger) to be offered to cut into 4-6 servings, and for it to be one of the very best burgers I have ever eaten!!! And it was ginormous - according to my teen. And, perfect, too!

I am not a burger person. I rarely eat them - maybe once a year. At the Rattlesnake Saloon I was the one person in our party of 8 who ordered a turkey sandwich. But my husbands portion of the burger was so big, he shared some of his with me. It was absolutely delicious!

We'll definitely be back and bring friends.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The setting is really unique. I was so interested as we arrived and descended to the restaurant. An evening shower even added to the experience. The service was efficient but not very personable. The food was a big disappointment. My daughter who loves chicken fingers at any restaurant took one bite and refused to eat any more. I had the hamburger that the server suggested only to find the burger was a pre frozen burger with no flavor. I have had better burgers at little league ballparks. The setting is the best part. Drive over for the venue, music and drinks but skip the food.

3  Thank scott2921

Been to Rattlesnake Saloon? Share your experiences!