“Pleasant and Hospitable”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscumbia/Muscle Shoals
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Tuscumbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 23, 2010

This Motel is relatively new and it makes use of all of the necessary modern conveniences that make travel easier. Microtel Inn proved to be a great option for our price restrictive travel plans, the staff was both helpful and cheerful and the complimentary breakfast was a big plus. Our room had an HDTV, refrigerator, microwave, Internet connection and more. In my opinion you can't beat the room, or the amenities offered, at their prices.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
OwnerPropertyHotel, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscumbia/Muscle Shoals, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2016

Excellent review! We are dedicated to serving our guests in all the right ways and are focused on ensuring that we have a safe and hospitable environment for all.

We welcome all travelers and attend to needs from families to business travelers.

Our focus is on hospitality and we embrace our guests feedback to help improve in areas mentioned. It was an absolute delight to have you as our guest at the property.

My team and I wish you all a safe travel back and when in the Tuscumbia area please visit us as we are your home away from home.

Reviewed November 12, 2010

Everything was perfect. Hotel was clean from bathroom to beds. The breakfast was wonderful. The staff greeted us each time we passed by. The rooms were bright and cheery. This is where I will stay from now on when I visit Muscle Shoals.

• Stayed: November 2010

Reviewed October 3, 2010

This hotel is the perfect place to stay if you want to visit the Florence area. The rooms are clean, silent and cool and there's lots of parking space. In other words: value for money!!! Mr Patel, the manager, his family and his staff are beautiful examples of southern hospitality. If I ever come to the Shoals again - and I will!!! - I won't even look for another place to stay. I can only advise you to do the same...

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
rick9561, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscumbia/Muscle Shoals, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2010

Thank You for your comments regards to Microtel Inn & Suites , Tuscumbia, AL. It was a pleasure to serve you with the highest Service, Quality, Cleanliness and Value on your visit. All our staff enjoyed your company and were very proud to recommend restaurants, bars and attractions on your visit. There are many fine dining places in the Shoals area which you enjoyed tremendously. We look forward to your trip next year.
We all appreciate your business. Thank you very much.

Reviewed September 23, 2010

Well, first of all, you cannot believe anything the reservationist or management tells you about room size, bed size, costs, including a fee for a pet; and then they brow-beat you and shame you into paying for their mistake of failing to inform you of a $15 per night pet charge!! The rooms, especially the single, queen room, which seems more like a full size, is about half the size of any other hotel room I ever stayed in. It's literally little more than a big walk-in closet size!! Talk about claustrophobia!! If you are 5 ft tall and 120 pounds, by yourself and have little luggage and NO claustrophobia, you can probably handle the small spaces! The noise is another matter! Do NOT stay on the second floor in the front at all, unless you like hearing the elevator noise, people walking and talking below you and traffic and car horns and sirens throughout the night!! We found the front desk clerks and maid to be very friendly and helpful. The foreign management however were rude, crude and downright hateful!! We won't be back again and we'll tell EVERYONE we know, and ever meet, to stay elesewhere!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Sleepy-Disappointed
rick9561, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscumbia/Muscle Shoals, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2010

Thank You for taking time to write a review on Microtel Inn & Suites, Tuscumbia, AL. All Microtel Inn & Suites are all new constrction hotels and we feature 3 room types at all each property. Our efficient Single room, a room with 2 Queen beds and our 1 Queen Suite room. Our single queen rooms are certainly an efficient use of space but with a pet it can get cramped. When booking hotel in Tuscumbia, AL keep in mind we do have other room types- Double rooms with 2 Queen beds or Suite rooms with Queen bed, Sofa Sleeper and wet bar. Both of these room types are larger which I suggest that you request on your next visit in the area. We are a pet friendly hotel however as with most lodging establishments we do have pet charge in additional to room charge. We did communicate this at time of making reservation and we hope that reduced rate given due to North Alabama Fair involvement gave you more value for money.
After your comments on noise we are working diligently to make sure our Guests have no issues that we can control due to noise.
We are very proud of all our employees who do an Excellent job on a day-to-day basis by being couteous, polite, friendly and helpful to EVERY Guest.
We are sorry that you felt that the management was not helpful. The manager/owner spoke to you at check out and discussed about pet issue you mentioned and we hope that you understand our policy. We look forward to serving you at our brand new hotel in Tuscumbia, AL.
As a gesture of goodwill we would like to invite you back to Microtel Inn & Suites, Tuscumbia, Alabama for a FREE one Night stay in our Suite room. Please contact Management to make your reservation. We aprreciate and Thank You for your comments and look forward to help you in the near future with your Hospitality needs.

Reviewed September 1, 2010

This was a great little hotel - it had only been open 16 weeks so was very, very clean and in great shape. We got a smoking deal on the room rate. Check in was quick and easy. The staff was superb - all three different shifts were helpful in suggesting activites and places to eat for the area as well as giving directions to avoid traffic etc.
Keep in mind that Microtel is known for smaller rooms/pools - and that part is true so if you need a big work space or a room for lots of people to sit in and visit, this may not be your best choice but if you need a place to sleep, shower, and relax for a little bit - this is a great choice. It is easy to get to, lots of free parking in a will lit lot and we did not feel unsafe in the area at all.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leopardgolfer
rick9561, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscumbia/Muscle Shoals, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2010

Thank You for comments . We are very proud of our Brand New Microtel Inn & Suites in Tuscumbia/Muscle Shoals, Alabama which was opened in April, 2010. We do have very competitive rates and best deal in the Shoals area. Microtel offers all modern amenties featuring HOT Breakfast, Free High Speed Internet, Free Local/Long Distance calling, 32" Flat Panel LCD TVs, Pool, Fitness Center, Meeting Room to name the few amenities required for travellers of all kind - Families, Businessmen , Tourists, Construction, Sports Events .
I am glad you found our Employees to be Polite, Friendly and Helpful. They are trained to give EACH Guest 100% Service and Attention. We do offer larger room sizes and types that you may consider in the future, Double (2 Queen Beds) and Suite Rooms ( 1 Queen Bed, Sofa Sleeper and Wet Bar). Safety is our priority and ensuring that our Guest feel secure. Our Company focus is based on Quality, Service, Cleanliness, Value and Safety. We appreciate your business and comments. Thank You.

Reviewed September 1, 2010

I had a great stay, the room was excellent, the staff excellent
the security was the best I have seen in a Hotel
The Manager Mr. Patel was a god send he got me good maps for my trip Home and as I was traveling alone was priceless for me.
This hotel should be rated alot higher than two stars.
Vicki, from Michigan

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank vther

Vicki- Thank You for your kind comments. We at Microtel Inn & Suites, Tuscumbia/Muscle Shoals, Alabama are Always Stiving For Excellence and was glad to achieve that with your stay at the hotel. It was a pleasure to help you with a map for your trip. We do believe the hotel is of high standards for the Shoals area and get compliments daily. We hope to see you soon on your next visit in the area. we appreciate your Business.

Reviewed August 16, 2010

Headed out on a motorcycle trip down the Natchez Tracy Parkway and stopped here the night before getting on the pkwy... Easy to find hotel...you can easily see it from Hwy 72. It's a new property...so new it wasn't rated by Trip Advisor. I'm going to try to give as accurate and non-biased of a review that I can. We stayed in the standard single queen-bed room.

This is the first Microtel that I've ever stayed in so I didn't know what to expect.

Good:

Free local and long distance calls- Wow, that's a first for me! I didn't use the phone but that would be nice for someone that needed to make some calls.
New property- Everything was new and in perfect condition. Clean as can be from top to bottom.
Good staff- I have to say everyone was very pleasant. Rhonda is absolutely on of the hardest-working people I've ever seen!
Parking- VERY well lit parking area. Also, I noticed that the entrance to the building and the parking lot CLOSE to the entrance was under video surveillance.
Breakfast- Better than average. More variety than just typical cereal/muffins/toast/etc. Included waffles, bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits, etc.
Electronics- First class TV and internet connection!

NOT so good:

MICRO room size- Smallest hotel/motel room I've stayed in in a LONG time. Think MOTORHOME small. Seriously.
No reading lamps- Certainly no lamp on either side of the bed. As far as I could tell the room lights were basically ON or OFF. Even the recessed lights were BRIGHT! No lamp on either side of the bed to read buy or watch TV. Either BRIGHT or OFF.
Noisy- This hotel is facing a REALLY busy intersection. You can hear the traffic at night. Best advice if staying here is to get a room not facing the parking lot.

Overall... A nice place.. I liked the overall color-theme in the room, very tasteful. BUT...I just don't think I could do the standard room again. I stay here again with a queen suite not facing the parking lot.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chuck61

Microtel Inn & Suites - Tuscumbia

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuscumbia
0 mi away
Comfort Inn & Suites Tuscumbia - Muscle Shoals
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 12 in Florence

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscumbia/Muscle Shoals? Share your experiences!