and 1 more site!
GreenLeadersBronze level
DULUTH
“Good Location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Good Location... However near very noisy intersection, a lot of Commercial vehicles. I was on the top floor and it was still loud. It's a good thing I Travel with 33 Decibel ear plugs and over the counter Sleeping pills it worked!!. Other than the issue of the Ants with the first room that was assigned to us, We had no additional issues. The hotel was otherwise comfortable. I would make a couple of suggestions to the Management: Install a Two Way magnifying mirror to the Bathroom wall and Cover the window seats with plastic and Provide a comfortable clean cover that is washable to each new guest at checkin. We incountered Unidentifiable stains, so we asked and did receive extra Towels to cover so that we may sit and utilize the Window Seats in our room. We will recommend to friends and family and return to this location in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank BARBARA K
rickpatel, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscumbia/Muscle Shoals, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank You for taking time to give us a feedback on your stay at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham in Tuscumbia, Alabama. We are glad that you enjoyed stay. Our staff are always making sure that our Guests have a great stay with us at all times.
Your suggestions regards to bathroom mirror and window seat will be reviewed for future renovation. They are a great idea and I will suggest to our brand design specialists.
WE look forward to your next stay with us when in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Villa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel probably about 18 days out of the last 5 weeks. This hotel is managed
very well . All of the front desk employee's went out of the way to make my stay good. The
rooms are very clean and the breakfast area was very good. They have eggs, sausage, biscuits, toast, waffle's, yogurt, etc....They are not short on parking spaces, and I was always able to park
close. They also have a good work out room, with a tv, but I did not use it enough. I would give excellent rating on everything except the wi-fi. The internet was very slow and that was the only
problem that I had. I would certainly stay there again, if I was in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mojoVillaRicaGa
OwnerPropertyHotel, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscumbia/Muscle Shoals, responded to this review, October 19, 2016
Excellent review! We are dedicated to serving our guests in all the right ways and are focused on ensuring that we have a safe and hospitable environment for all.

We welcome all travelers and attend to needs from families to business travelers.

Our focus is on hospitality and we embrace our guests feedback to help improve in areas mentioned. It was an absolute delight to have you as our guest at the property.

My team and I wish you all a safe travel back and when in the Tuscumbia area please visit us as we are your home away from home.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We have stayed in several Microtels before and we don't expect too much. They are supposed to be compact rooms. This room was bigger than a lot of the normal hotel rooms we get. They didn't have the room I booked so they gave me a complimentary upgrade. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and a lot more than I expected honestly. My kids loved the "make your own waffle" part of the complimentary breakfast. The pool was kind of small, but it wasn't crowded and it was nice after hiking the mountain for 5 hours. This hotel was located in a great spot right between Muscle Shoals and Tuscumbia. We couldn't have asked for a better location. There was a fishing tournament and a music festival going on while we were there and we never had any trouble parking at all, even with most of the rooms booked. I honestly couldn't find anything bad to say about this hotel. We go home to New Orleans every year for spring break. We always stay in a suite that is at least $300 a night at different hotels. This Microtel room we had was not only nicer than most of the expensive hotels we stay in, it was also bigger. (Most of the rooms in the French Quarter are small though just because they are so old) Bottom line, if you're going to the Muscle Shoals/Tuscumbia/Florence area, stay here. You won't be disappointed. Ronda and Corine worked the front desk while we were there and they were great. They'll take care of you.

Room Tip: We had a queen suite with the pull out sofa bed. The microwave and mini fridge were fairly helpful w...
1 Thank jcarbajal

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

We chose this hotel to stay in because it was near Ivy Green, birthplace of Helen Keller, and because it would take our small dog. We had never stayed in a Microtel Inn and we were pleasantly surprised. I liked that a key is needed for the elevator. Our room was very clean, the beds and pillows were comfortable, and my son liked the "bed" next to the window (like a window seat that he could sleep on). The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was great for what we wanted to do in the area. The continental breakfast was typical: waffles, muffins, cereal, fruit, coffee, milk, juice. My only complaint is that there was not enough seating for breakfast, but in all fairness, we were there when a high school reunion was scheduled so the hotel was full. We would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank FloridaTravelGirl4
rickpatel, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscumbia/Muscle Shoals, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank You for taking time to write a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham , Tuscumbia, AL. The hotel is located about 2 miles from Ivy Green, Birthplace of Helen Keller. The hotel is pet friendly. Our breakfast includes Sausage, Eggs, Gravy , Biscuits, Waffles, Fruit, Hot/Cold Cereals, Bagel, Danish, Bread, Yogurt, Tea, Coffee, Milk, Apple and Orange Juice. Breakfast is complimentary from 6am to 10am (Mon-Friday) and 7am to 10am weekends.
The window seat is our feature of the hotel which is very useful to relax on. Our Housekeeping Team pride in their standards of rooms to Excellence. We will inform all the employees of your comments. Front Desk Team are an excellent example of our hotel with friendly,helpful,polite manner.
We look forward to your next visit in the area. Once again thank you for your kind words.
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Microtel Inn and Suites is a fairly new hotel off highway 72 in Tuscumbia, AL. Don't stay there. The foreign management was horrible. I chose this hotel because it was close to the venue I was attending for the weekend. It's not that the room was awful, in fact, it wasn't bad at all. The hotel, however, is a bit grubby in places (Roaches in the entry way and lobby area). See attached pictures.
When we checked into the hotel we had a problem with the door to our room. It would not lock. One of the guests in our group did not notice this until we were leaving to attend an event. She had already unpacked all of her belongings. She had to move her things to another person’s room (no help from the staff). They could not fix the lock so they moved her to another room with wet carpet. Another person in our group had ants in her room and was told to go to the store and buy bug spray and they would reimburse her. Another person was cold and asked for a blanket and was told that they had no extra blankets. We went to the front desk to ask for some type of compensation for the lady who had several issues. We were told that the front desk clerks did not have authority to compensate anyone. They said we had to talk to the Executive Manager (Rick Patel), but he was out of town. They gave me a number to contact him, but it was the number to hotel front desk. I looked online and finally found a number for Mr. Patel. Well, that’s when the trouble started... When I called him I told him I was a guest at his hotel, he cut me off immediately and asked me where I got his number? I told him I got it from the internet, he said, “There is no way you could have gotten it from the internet”. I proceeded to explain our issues. Mr. Patel was very rude and told me that we were just trying to get something free and he was not giving us anything. He said he moved her to another room and that was all he was going to do. That was followed by a bizarre back-and-forth argument -- and he continued to stonewall and prevaricate. He finally hung up on me. When others in our group called him, he was very rude to them as well. Later we received a call from the front desk saying that he agreed to compensate us for one night, but upon check out they showed us a note from Mr. Patel saying not to compensate us for anything. (I guess that was a tactic he used to stop the phone calls)
When I told him about the review I would write, he replied, "Write what you like..."
As a group we plan to do everything we can to publicly expose Rick Patel’s horrible customer service, starting with the franchise holder's management, the Wyndham. This hotel is the worst ever in my life. I am angry!!!!!! Don't come here. Will regret!!! The only advantage is the location is good, but since Tuscumbia is a small town, it doesn't really matter the location of the hotel.

Room Tip: Walls are very thin throughout the hotel
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank EOE21
, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscumbia/Muscle Shoals, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
Thank You for your feedback on your recent visit to our hotel, Microtel Inn & Suites, Tuscumbia, AL. We are disappointed that you were not satisfied with your stay at the hotel . We take your comments very seriously and will followup with issue that you entoured. The hoteldid offer you to move to another room due to lock issue. Unfortunately the carpet was only wet in one spot due to shampooing the carpets and we tried to locate you near to the room you were moving.
Thank you for your remarks.
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

The Microtel chain is unusual in its design--the rooms are usually smaller than average but extremely efficiently designed, with bright colors and modern conveniences. This property fits that bill. I would have given this hotel four or even five stars had the wi-fi worked, the hot water not taken five minutes to appear, and the friendly desk clerk at check-out been clueless as to how to log into the lobby computer. The check-in clerk was extremely efficient and friendly. There is a small fitness room and a decent if not particularly spectacular breakfast and breakfast room. It's right off the highway, so there is no location ambiance. If management could fix their hot water heater and get wifi to work in the rooms this would be a top rate budget option

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank waldentenn
rickpatel, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscumbia/Muscle Shoals, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regards to Microtel Inn & Suites. These rooms are standard Brand room size and we are the latest design created by Microtel. We apologise regards to Wi-Fi and hot water issues. We have not had any problems in that area but will constantly monitor that situation. Also we will make sure that our Front Desk Clerks are trained on Business Center computer.
We offer extensive breakfast: Sausage, Eggs, Waffles, Gravy, Biscuit, Fresh Fruit, Cereals, Bagels, Muffins, Danish, Bread, Oatmeal, Grits, Juices, Coffee, Tea, Milk from 6am to 10am .
Thank You for your comments and look forward to serving you in your next visit to the area.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

My husband Reggie Southard and myself Cheryl Southard checked into the Microtel and were so amazingly pleased and surprised by the hotel and the staff. Jai and Rick were absolutely awesome. They welcomed you to the hotel as if they were family. Customer service is everything in business and I feel that Rick and Jai go above and beyond to insure that the guest has the ultimate experience while staying at the Microtel. All services that are provided by the hotel were right at your fingertips. The breakfast was excellet and the rooms were immaculate and so so comfortable. I told many of my friends and family about Microtel before I left and I will definitely be coming back to stay when I come To Tuscumbia again. Thank you Rick and Jai for everything!!!!!!!!! :)

Room Tip: Rooms all over the hotel are just fine. Take the first available and you will be very comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cheryl S

Microtel Inn & Suites - Tuscumbia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuscumbia
Comfort Inn & Suites Tuscumbia - Muscle Shoals
Key West Inn Tuscumbia
#4 of 5 in Tuscumbia
Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-Downtown
Hampton Inn Florence-Midtown

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscumbia/Muscle Shoals? Share your experiences!