“Delicious! Great atmosphere!”

R Davidson Chophouse
Ranked #20 of 337 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Took my husband here for his birthday. Everything we got was delicious. Best steak he had ever had. Ordered a filet medium well. Was cook to perfection. We got the chocolate cake to go and it was large enough to feed 4 people! The wait staff was friendly and we'll attentive. Will definitely eat here again!

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed November 14, 2018

We recently enjoyed a very nice dinner with two other couples while visiting Tuscaloosa. Our friends who live in Tuscaloosa highly recommended R Davidson Chop House and made reservations for us. Everyone's food was delicious! The steaks were cooked to perfection and we all enjoyed several side dishes that we were able to share. Very nice wine list and very good service.

Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

Great place for dinner on game weekends or anytime. Atmosphere isn’t great, but bar is lively and bartender knows his stuff! Reservations recommended this place gets busy!! Steaks ordered all around and everyone’s was perfect!! Sides are family style and good ! Great dinner experience!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit here. The atmosphere was nice and the waitress friendly. I ordered my filet “pink” with no red. The waitress said that would be medium rare. When it came it was absolutely raw.
I’m not a person that complains about food. I bear it in silence. The few times I have sent entrees back my guests have already finished eating by the time I get my food - so I just chalk it up to experience.
Our very nice waitress wanted to know why I didn’t eat my filet so I told her it was raw and badly undercooked. She agreed.
In fairness the manager took the steak off the bill.
A chophouse that features steak should be expert in cooking steaks to order, don’t you agree?
I not sure if we will return to the chop house but I’ll be timid to order a steak when we do.

4  Thank Tripsaroundtheglobe
Reviewed October 17, 2018

Our most recent visit here was disappointing. The space and atmosphere are pleasant. On-street parking can be scarce. Service was quite slow and staff is mostly students who are not well trained. Wine list is limited and they were out of two of the wines we were interested in. Two of our parties' meals were good and two were unfortunate, as the steaks were not the correct temperature ( overcooked). We decided to go elsewhere for dessert. In retrospect, we all wish we had gone to Side by Side, nearby, as it is always consistently outstanding with reliable service.

Date of visit: October 2018
Ross L, Owner at R Davidson Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Hello, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact us at info@rdavidsonchophouse.com so we can further look into and discuss the situation. Thank you.