“night out in Ttown”

R Davidson Chophouse
Ranked #24 of 332 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed August 7, 2018

we went out last Saturday night in Tuscaloosa with friends and had a GREAT meal at R Davidson's Chop House

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

TBH we had reservations and were seated on time. The server was a jerk though. He was overly animated at first and then it was like he went into depression in the middle of the meal. He was snappy and rude. We are always overly nice to servers because you never know what kind of day they are having. This guy was rude though. For $30 a plate that service is unexpected. Additionally, the restaurant has brown paper cloths over the white table cloths. My 70 year old grandmother thought this was tacky as did I. I got the cowboy ribeye 20 oz medium cooked and it was burned on the outside and no pink inside. Stay home and grill your own steak for a quarter of the cost and without the bad service.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Abconnor2
Ross L, Manager at R Davidson Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Hello, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact us at info@rdavidsonchophouse.com so we can further look into and discuss the situation. Thank you.

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

For the prices you’d expect better service. The menu is a Ruth’s Chris style steakhouse format, but I’ve had better service at casual chain restaurants. The food is fine, but nothing special. A lot of what we ordered was over-salted. The decor is sad: a few cheap, generic prints on the walls. I’m not sure why this place is so popular

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank MLFRTR
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Fourth trip here over the past year, all with largish parties (6-8). Previous trips were all outstanding. This trip, kitchen was very slow for Father's Day Saturday lunch. But servers showed a lot of good attention while we waited. Those of us ordering burgers loved them. Those ordering Korean Tacos were a bit disappointed.

This trip would have been rated a 4 not a 5, except that three prior trips, all lunchtime, were very, very good, were reasonably priced, and enjoyed by all - but were never reviewed. So on average, still a 5. I will come back again, probably for lunch. I've never been here for dinner, but have heard that steaks are very good, but a little on the pricey side for folks not on an expense account.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I walked here from the Embassy Suites downtown Tuscaloosa. The service was excellent, and there was not wait for two on a Friday evening. My husband got the Cowboy Ribeye and I got the Prime New York Strip. He enjoyed his steak, but mine was unevenly cooked and chewy. The sides are big, so you can share with two or three people. The bread and pimento cheese are to die for. Overall, I give it a three, most points taken off because when you go to a chop house, and order a prime steak and pay that much for it, I expect it to be cooked perfectly.

Date of visit: June 2018