“Fried Green Tomatos and burgers were a big hit at lunch, but Korean tacos a miss”

R Davidson Chophouse
Ranked #24 of 332 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Fourth trip here over the past year, all with largish parties (6-8). Previous trips were all outstanding. This trip, kitchen was very slow for Father's Day Saturday lunch. But servers showed a lot of good attention while we waited. Those of us ordering burgers loved them. Those ordering Korean Tacos were a bit disappointed.

This trip would have been rated a 4 not a 5, except that three prior trips, all lunchtime, were very, very good, were reasonably priced, and enjoyed by all - but were never reviewed. So on average, still a 5. I will come back again, probably for lunch. I've never been here for dinner, but have heard that steaks are very good, but a little on the pricey side for folks not on an expense account.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I walked here from the Embassy Suites downtown Tuscaloosa. The service was excellent, and there was not wait for two on a Friday evening. My husband got the Cowboy Ribeye and I got the Prime New York Strip. He enjoyed his steak, but mine was unevenly cooked and chewy. The sides are big, so you can share with two or three people. The bread and pimento cheese are to die for. Overall, I give it a three, most points taken off because when you go to a chop house, and order a prime steak and pay that much for it, I expect it to be cooked perfectly.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank amybippen
Reviewed May 13, 2018

Had a graduation dinner at the Chophouse. The dinner was good and the service was good as well. The steaks were good but everything was ala carte. The desserts were delicious especially the chocolate cake!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

Make reservations they say! So why don't they honor reservation times?? We waited for 30 plus minutes past our reservation time, and when we were seated had to ask for menus, and silverware. Then had to wait another 15 just for water and then another 30 for appetizers and salads. We never received the wine we ordered and had to beg for water refills. Our food was just ok, and I can't blame our young server for that, but we asked things that were never delivered, salt and pepper?? Bread? We were told the bread was burned and wasn't being served but all the tables around us were being served fresh out of the oven bread. The sides were awful. How hard is it to do a loaded potato or asparagus?? We really wanted dessert, but was never offered a dessert menu or "would anyone like coffee?". This place is also very loud. I was hoping the kinks would have been worked out by now. So I will give this place a thumbs down for now.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Tidemom2011
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Whet to Chophouse on Easter Sunday for brunch with my daughter and 2 friends. The atmosphere is so elegant. The food choices were great because they offered a few breakfast options and a few lunch options. The food was excellent! Service was great!!

Date of visit: April 2018