“Mediocre Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of DePalma's

DePalma's
Ranked #1 of 285 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Mediocre Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick early dinner. Lasagna dinner was a special tonight. Luke warm at best. Sent back and received the same mediocre luke warm lasagna. Certainly not worth the price of $20 for a single luke warm serving.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Either really great or really average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

DePalmas..my first date experience with a "nice restuarant"..yeah people I have been dining here for a while.

I have eaten here numerous times..I will go back, but only for their Portobello mushroom ravioli or the gorgonzola filet. Everything else I have tried is 7/10 which is good, but not great.

However, the top 2 listed entrees..insanely good.

Three stars for service and wait times. I get that it is small. I also know that every time I go, I better be with someone I like a LOT. Because we will have time to talk. It's a lengthy process.

• Visited November 2013
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Best in Tuscaloosa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We had a great dinner. We are a large group, 8 of us they don't take reservations and won't seat you until the entire party is there but the wait wasn't too long. The dinner was fantastic. I had the carnivore lasagna and it was off the hook, I also had a Caesar salad and it was very good too. I will be back

Visited April 2014
Columbia, South Carolina
“Totally charmed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Our group of 4 was road-tripping east on I-20 from an epic week in New Orleans and were hungry for a late lunch. Blessed with ample technology, one of our group checked his "Magic Box" Trip Advisor app for restos between Meridien and Tuscaloosa and found the #1-rated DePalma's in Tide Town. A quick detour from the sterility of Interstate chains, and we found it--open on Sunday afternoon. And we were charmed!
The service was friendly and efficient, the atmosphere was delightful (Elvis and Marilyn; what's not to love?), and the food impressed--standard Italian fare prepared with flair and quality, fresh ingredients.
We sampled the stuffed mushrooms (yummy!), pasta dishes (quite good), and the veal Marsala rivaled any this side of the Atlantic. And while we didn't try the pizza, it looked and smelled wonderful, rich with San Marzano tomatoes and what looked to be freshly made mozzarella.
This charming place is definitely worth a side trip from I-20!

Visited April 2014
Tennessee
“Friday night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Second time to visit here and the food is always great. Service was quick and wait staff was friendly. I could eat here everyday.