“best italian”

Ranked #1 of 298 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

this place is AWESOME----need reservation, very popular. We come here every time we are in town. Food is always great.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

It's been ten years since I've been back in Tuscaloosa. When I attended school there, DePalma's was one of my favorite places to eat and I couldn't wait to get back and have my favorite dish. It was as good as I remembered. Best calzone, hands down. And of course, the atmosphere is still fantastic and the staff super friendly. The restaurant and its delicious food at great prices, is one of the things I miss most about Tuscaloosa.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I love the food at DePalma's but I rarely go because of the atmosphere. There is typically a long wait because the restaurant is popular. When you are seated it is very loud. The restaurant is designed Italian family style and due to the volume of tables and how close they are together in one open room, it is very hard to have a conversation with your dinner companions.

About the food, some of the dishes feature homemade pasta while others clearly use boxed pasta. Ask your server which ones feature the homemade pasta because those are remarkably better than the other dishes. The pizza is pretty good too.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We ate here after a football game (this is Tuscaloosa). The food was excellent. The four of us had four different meals and every one of them was perfect. I am not sure which one I would say was the best. The service, despite how full the place was, was excellent and attentive. I would go back in a heartbeat. The only problem I see is that it is not a large place and it gets FULL, so if you want to eat at prime time, expect a wait (I don't know if they do reservations).

1  Thank DougM47
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Went here last night with adult children and grandson. The wait was about 25 minutes but it was Saturday night. The wait staff were awesome and accommodating to us. Although our little one spilled and dropped food the staff were so patient with us. The food was fabulous and we are excited about coming again.