“Very Satisfied Customer”

Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Indiana
“Very Satisfied Customer”
Reviewed September 11, 2007

I found hotel staff to be the most courteous and friendly staff I have every encountered. The hotel room was spacious, clean and quite comfortable. The reason for my trip was not a pleasant one but the staff made it so welcoming that it brought great relief to our visit. It will now be my hotel of choice when in the Tuscaloosa area.

• Liked — Staff
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Kittle2626

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
NOCA
Reviewed April 22, 2007

In my experience, Hampton properties are either a cut above the norm, or sever cuts below standard. This property unfortunately belongs to the latter. The lobby was was perfectly fine and the staff friendly and helpful. The room, though was very run down and dated. The walls had markings on them, the carpet was badly stained, the bathroom tub and tile was so old that even though it had been cleaned, still looked dirty. The sheets had rust stains, probably from the dryer, but were never changed during the 3 nights I was there. I used the ironing board, the first night, but it wasn't put away until 2 days later.

As far as location, it is fairly easy to get to, right off of 59. There are several places to get gas and food nearby. It's approximately 10-20 minutes from the University and other main shopping centers/restaurants. I did not have the complimentary hot breakfast, but there were plenty of guests who did, and it looked fine.

Overall, the stay was "ok", but I rate the property as overpriced. At just under $90 @ night, in the middle of west Alabama, I think you should get more.

• Stayed March 2007
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank Tynkility
tclbmhampton, Manager at Hampton Inn Tuscaloosa -East, responded to this review, July 17, 2007
We thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay at the Hampton Inn East Tuscaloosa. We just received an "Outstanding" on our most recent Quality Assurance evaluation. Your experience certainly do not meet our expectation of operational excellence. Please know that we will take your review and do our very best to improve in each area you pointed out. Your stay does not reflect the many positive experiences we provide each day to our guests. If you would like to discuss this more please feel free to call me at 205-562-9000. We hope to have the opportunity to "Take Care" of you in the future.

Best regards - always!

Angie Wilson
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed January 3, 2006

After visiting this hotel with my family, I had to write a review. The staff went out of their way to be sure we were comfortable. The beds were fabulous and the rooms were clean. May look as if they are on the outskirts, but jump on the interstate and you can be anywhere in Tuscaloosa within minutes. Great breakfast too. I highly recommend this hotel and plan to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 14, 2005

My wife stayed here in July and recommended I stay at this hotel while on a trip in August. She said the beds were wonderful, and she was right. The hotel was clean. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The price was very reasonable. We travel through this area several times a year and will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 27, 2005

I travelled from Birmingham to Cottondale to visit a friend working in the area. Although this was her room, she invited me to stay. As there is virtually very little to nothing to do leisure wise in the area, I spent most of my time in the hotel room until my friend completed work. Well, during my stay an individual, while I was in the room, opened the door attempting to steal from the room (found that two other individual's rooms were pilfered through while out that day). He stared at me and bolted. A little scary. Apparently, this was not the first time this happened. Many individuals who stay here are in the area temporarily for business purposes, for those I would recommend the use of a safe or another hotel. I must say though that the hotel is very well kept and the rooms are quite clean, the staff does a fine job.

• Stayed October 2004