“Nice Hotel, Not Far from the Campus” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Tuscaloosa -East

Hampton Inn Tuscaloosa -East
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice Hotel, Not Far from the Campus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

Good hotel with everything that you'd expect from a Hampton.
Nothing extra; but nothing that takes away from the stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
PEARLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2008

We arrived at the hotel after midnight after a long day on the road. The front desk person greeted us like she was inviting us into her own home. She was incredibly friendly and made sure we had everything we needed before we turned in for the night. The room was very spacious and clean. The beds were the most comfortable I have ever experienced in a hotel. Will definitely stay here again when we pass through the area.

• Liked — Great staff
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

I had a reservation for three nights at this hotel but ended up staying only one. The Internet was down the entire first evening and into the next day, and the staff had no idea what was wrong or when it would be fixed. So I checked out after the first night, checking with the desk clerk twice to make sure that she was canceling my reservation for the next two nights. And guess what? My credit card statement shows they charged me for three nights.

This place is pretty dismal. The A/C apparently was not working in the lobby and they had a fan going (it was 100 degrees outside). The breakfast was mediocre. The staff seemed ill-informed. The rooms are in need of renovation. There's no desk in the room at which to work -- just a little round table that will hold a laptop and not much else. You can do a lot better at the Holiday Inn Express, which is where I ended up.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Traveler
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2008

This Hampton Inn was as good as any other I have stayed in. It had everything one would expect from a Hampton. I was only here for a few hours to get some sleep and that's about it. It did seem clean and safe here but I didn't really check any amenities ie: business centre, pool et al. The bed, shower, and breakfast were all good and that's all that mattered on this day.

• Liked — I like the Hampton's bed and breakfast.
  • Disliked — Room was little 'sparse'.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Ozcfied
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2007

I found hotel staff to be the most courteous and friendly staff I have every encountered. The hotel room was spacious, clean and quite comfortable. The reason for my trip was not a pleasant one but the staff made it so welcoming that it brought great relief to our visit. It will now be my hotel of choice when in the Tuscaloosa area.

• Liked — Staff
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Kittle2626
NOCA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2007

In my experience, Hampton properties are either a cut above the norm, or sever cuts below standard. This property unfortunately belongs to the latter. The lobby was was perfectly fine and the staff friendly and helpful. The room, though was very run down and dated. The walls had markings on them, the carpet was badly stained, the bathroom tub and tile was so old that even though it had been cleaned, still looked dirty. The sheets had rust stains, probably from the dryer, but were never changed during the 3 nights I was there. I used the ironing board, the first night, but it wasn't put away until 2 days later.

As far as location, it is fairly easy to get to, right off of 59. There are several places to get gas and food nearby. It's approximately 10-20 minutes from the University and other main shopping centers/restaurants. I did not have the complimentary hot breakfast, but there were plenty of guests who did, and it looked fine.

Overall, the stay was "ok", but I rate the property as overpriced. At just under $90 @ night, in the middle of west Alabama, I think you should get more.

• Stayed March 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Tynkility
tclbmhampton, Manager at Hampton Inn Tuscaloosa -East, responded to this review, July 17, 2007
We thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay at the Hampton Inn East Tuscaloosa. We just received an "Outstanding" on our most recent Quality Assurance evaluation. Your experience certainly do not meet our expectation of operational excellence. Please know that we will take your review and do our very best to improve in each area you pointed out. Your stay does not reflect the many positive experiences we provide each day to our guests. If you would like to discuss this more please feel free to call me at 205-562-9000. We hope to have the opportunity to "Take Care" of you in the future.

Best regards - always!

Angie Wilson
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2006

After visiting this hotel with my family, I had to write a review. The staff went out of their way to be sure we were comfortable. The beds were fabulous and the rooms were clean. May look as if they are on the outskirts, but jump on the interstate and you can be anywhere in Tuscaloosa within minutes. Great breakfast too. I highly recommend this hotel and plan to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2005