“Great choice for off road stay”

Hampton Inn Tuscaloosa -East
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Hotel was able to accommodate me with room request even though I called from the road. The cookies were out & it was good choice for getting off road. I left too early to check out the breakfast. Only problem was greeting with smoke smell on entry; figured it out in the morning as the smoking area was right outside the door & carried into the front of the lobby. Would stay again given the opportunity.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Leonard T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tuscaloosa -East, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for recent stay at the Hampton Inn-East. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we appreciate the time you took to complete this survey. I am pleased that your stay went well, and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced in regards to guest smoking toward our entrance area. We will re-visit the current smoking areas, and may make some adjustments based on this information. If there is anything further you would like to add or suggest, please contact the hotel directly. It would be our pleasure to have the chance to gather any more information that will contribute to our pursuit of excellence. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future. Have a wonderful day!!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Pleasantly surprised by the great, super friendly staff and the cleanliness for a roadside Hampton Inn. The bed was one of the best we've had in a long time. We travel about 80 to 100 nights yearly, so we know hotel beds! The shower had great pressure and most importantly, it was very quiet. We were worried as it was BCS championship night in Tuscaloosa, but the party downstairs was quite respectful. The breakfast food was cooked well and fresh.

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at The Hampton-Inn East. We are pleased to hear that your stay met your expectations, and we appreciate the time you took to complete this survey. Our goal is to provide clean rooms, and excellent customer service. This creates value for each and every guest. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the near future. Thanks again, have a wonderful day!!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed here as a meeting point to exchange family members and was greeted by a very friendly staff. Room was very clean and the breakfast was hot and plentiful. Nice location just outside Tuscaloosa that has a few restaurant choices close by and easy access to I-20.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker plan ahead as they only have a limited amount of smoking rooms
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Leonard T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tuscaloosa -East, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

We appreciate the time you took to provide us with some feedback about your stay. Our mission is to provide excellent service, clean rooms, and friendly smiles. I'm glad that hear that your experience was not short of our goals. We will continue to strive for customer service excellence while adding value to our guest. Have a wonderful Holiday Season. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I’ll start off by saying that I’m a Hampton junkie. I usually stay at a Hampton at least once or twice a month. I admit it: There are good and bad Hamptons out there. Luckily, this is definitely one of the good ones.

We traveled from North Carolina to visit family in Tuscaloosa. We checked in to the Hampton Inn Tuscaloosa-East on 12/21 and left on 12/23. This hotel is on the smaller side, but is still nice. The lobby was recently renovated and it’s beautiful. The staff – everyone from the front desk clerk at 1 a.m. to the housekeeping team – was very happy and nice.

The hotel is right off of the interstate, convenient to some chain restaurants like Ruby Tuesday and Pizza Hut. To me, it looks like most of the hotel’s guests stay only one night, as they stop en route to their final destination.

The rooms were probably updated within the past few years. Standard amenities include flat-screen TVs, microwaves and mini-fridges. Definitely clean and well-kept. Great water pressure in the shower.

I’d stay at the Hampton Inn Tuscaloosa-East again. I hope the hotel renovates the bathroom in each guest room before my next visit. It’s easy to tell that the bathrooms are original. Also, the hotel needs to retile the elevator, as the tiles and grout are cracking.

Room Tip: Stay in an odd-numbered room. They're on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your response, We appreciate your valued feedback, and it is very pleasant to hear that our facility, staff and service met your expeactations. We look forward to your next visit, and it was a pleasure to have you as a guest. Thank you very much, have a safe and Happy Holiday season.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We originally were driving from New Orleans to Knoxville, TN with reservations at a Hampton in Birmingham, AL to spend the night and continue on the next day. Due to a very late start and horrible weather and storms, there was just no way we could make it all the way to Birmingham. I called the property there right before the 6 p.m. deadline to cancel our reservation and asked for numbers in the Tuscaloosa area. Kudos to the Birmingham staff for helping me out. I then called and reserved a room at this property, and spoke to a very nice and helpful person. I am SO glad I did. It was right off the Interstate and close to several restaurants. We were welcomed by a great employee, Curtis, who was very pleasant and helpful, (and the one who I spoke to to make the reservation) and gave us bottled water and suggestions for dining. This was very welcome after a horrible trip thru raging storms and darkness. We ended up at the Ruby Tuesday next door which is in walking distance. Our room was very clean and well-appointed. The bed was nice and comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was better than average for this type of "free breakfast". There were more choices, and the food was excellent. The lady working the breakfast area was great, and we tracked her down to leave her a nice tip, as she went above and beyond. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joygulf1
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I am a constant business traveler. I spend 150+ nights per year in Hilton family, Starwood and Hyatt hotels. I have 35+ nights per year in Hampton Inns. This property is great, EXCEPT for the bed. This bed had no pillow top, I could literally feel EACH coil on this bed. It was my WORST 2 nights sleep ever

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Leonard T, Manager at Hampton Inn Tuscaloosa -East, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for sharing this feedback on your recent stay with us and for being a frequent guest of the Hilton family of hotels. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us above others as you travel. I understand that the comfort of your bed was a concern; we know how important a good night’s rest is while traveling and we apologize for not delivering in this aspect. We are currently in the process of inspecting our mattresses, and we will replace any that do not meet our quality standards. We do apologize for any inconvienance. I do hope the next time your travels bring you to the area you will stay with us again so that we may provide the restful experience you expect and deserve; we would love to have you. Thank you!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My daughter is a student at the university, and we always stay here when we're visiting her. As a Hilton Diamond member, they really give good service. It's not fancy, but it's always clean and comfortable. One thing that I wish they would do- most Hampton Inns have updated their rooms so that there are plug-ins more accessible, usually on the lamps on the desk and at the bedside. This one hasn't done that, so you have to unplug the clock or get under the table to plug your phone in. Having a place where you could do this more easily would be really great.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family