“Worst bed I have ever slept on.”

Hampton Inn Tuscaloosa -East
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I am a constant business traveler. I spend 150+ nights per year in Hilton family, Starwood and Hyatt hotels. I have 35+ nights per year in Hampton Inns. This property is great, EXCEPT for the bed. This bed had no pillow top, I could literally feel EACH coil on this bed. It was my WORST 2 nights sleep ever

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Leonard T, Manager at Hampton Inn Tuscaloosa -East, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for sharing this feedback on your recent stay with us and for being a frequent guest of the Hilton family of hotels. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us above others as you travel. I understand that the comfort of your bed was a concern; we know how important a good night’s rest is while traveling and we apologize for not delivering in this aspect. We are currently in the process of inspecting our mattresses, and we will replace any that do not meet our quality standards. We do apologize for any inconvienance. I do hope the next time your travels bring you to the area you will stay with us again so that we may provide the restful experience you expect and deserve; we would love to have you. Thank you!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Tuscaloosa -East

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My daughter is a student at the university, and we always stay here when we're visiting her. As a Hilton Diamond member, they really give good service. It's not fancy, but it's always clean and comfortable. One thing that I wish they would do- most Hampton Inns have updated their rooms so that there are plug-ins more accessible, usually on the lamps on the desk and at the bedside. This one hasn't done that, so you have to unplug the clock or get under the table to plug your phone in. Having a place where you could do this more easily would be really great.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I can't say anything negative about or stay. We spent one night while moving our daughter in at the University of Alabama. The staff were extremely friendly and for a free breakfast it was very good and well stocked. Our room was extremely clean and very comfortable. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Had a good one night stay here. Found everything we have come to expect in a Hampton at this place: clean, updated, comfy beds and linens, great breakfast for a hotel. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Road trip stop - one of the best! The front desk staff were all friendly and helpful. The room was clean and large enough that we didn't feel "on top of each other". Two queen beds were a nice touch in this particular room.

When told about breakfast, I walked over and looked at the layout. At 10:30 at night, I was just trying to "imagine" what might be there in the morning. I asked about what would be in one spot because it looked suspiciously like it might be a spot where sausage gravy and biscuits might be... The front desk person said that it varies from day to day, but she said she would "put in a word" with the cook for me if I would like. I LIKED!

Sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast were excellent! My son liked the waffles and I had some of the eggs and sausage too!

I will definitely stay here on my next trip through!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Quiet, clean Hampton. Very comfortable bed, good coffee and welcoming front desk.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is a nice, clean solid hotel. My room was quite large and well equipped. I had a really nice TV to watch football on a thursday night.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo