“Another great Hampton”

Hampton Inn Tuscaloosa -East
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Had a good one night stay here. Found everything we have come to expect in a Hampton at this place: clean, updated, comfy beds and linens, great breakfast for a hotel. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Road trip stop - one of the best! The front desk staff were all friendly and helpful. The room was clean and large enough that we didn't feel "on top of each other". Two queen beds were a nice touch in this particular room.

When told about breakfast, I walked over and looked at the layout. At 10:30 at night, I was just trying to "imagine" what might be there in the morning. I asked about what would be in one spot because it looked suspiciously like it might be a spot where sausage gravy and biscuits might be... The front desk person said that it varies from day to day, but she said she would "put in a word" with the cook for me if I would like. I LIKED!

Sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast were excellent! My son liked the waffles and I had some of the eggs and sausage too!

I will definitely stay here on my next trip through!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Quiet, clean Hampton. Very comfortable bed, good coffee and welcoming front desk.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is a nice, clean solid hotel. My room was quite large and well equipped. I had a really nice TV to watch football on a thursday night.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in May. We found the room to be very dirty!! The sheets appeared not washed and the bathroom was disgusting!! I emailed the corporate contact for HamptonInn. They emailed me back saying I should get a response from hotel manager. It has been over 2 weeks and I have yet to hear back!!! Worst Hampton Inn we ave ever stayed at!!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel!!!!
Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank iluvcilla
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Stopped overnite. Friendly staff, quiet, breakfast buffet. Had pizza delivered for supper.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ToxeyRon
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The Hampton Inn Tuscaloosa East is definitely a big cut above the average side-of-the-highway hotel. The staff is friendly and relaxed. The room was perfect and more ample than expected. I especially liked the huge desk that made it easy to work. My only beef, and this is common to all hotels, I wish they would provide a desk lamp that is bright enough to actually read by. A pleasant surprise was the cooked oatmeal at breakfast instead of instant packets. It was very good and comparable to what is served at Whole Foods. The amiable lady that was working on Mother's Day keeping the breakfast area supplied and spotless deserves special recognition. She helped to brighten an otherwise dark rainy day in Tuscaloosa.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family