“Yea! Finally an awesome hotel experience in Tuscaloosa!”

Hampton Inn Tuscaloosa-University
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Anyone who had read my reviews may have noticed I've spent a lot of time in Tuscaloosa the past six months. We finally were able to stay at the Hamption Inn that is just blocks away from the UA campus. It is definitely a go to if you are going to anything at Bama (and can't get into the Capstone Hotel right on campus).

It's not really walkable, but just minutes away. It's set off the road a bit, which, in my opinion, made it more quiet than other places I've stayed in Tuscaloosa. The hotel is lovely inside - rooms spacious and clean, staff attentive. And of course Alabama/Crimson Tide/Elephant decor abounds. Cookies in the evening and a decent breakfast (not anything made to order, but better than continental). Coffee and tea and apples available 24/7.

And so convenient to campus. Yes, the price is higher than some other places (though less than the Hilton Garden Inn several miles away). But my experience in Tuscaloosa is that you definitely get what you pay for. And know that for football weekends, the price is crazy high - supply and demand hard at work.

This hotel fills up fast given it's proximity to campus - so know that you will not likely have any luck with last minute reservations. But book it when you can - definitely my most comfortable stay over the past six months!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had a wonderful time her. We stayed for two days. At first they gave me a downstair room next to the elevator. I asked the front desk if I could change it and no questions asked, they were so nice and change me right away. Went to my son orientation. The hotel is very close to the University. The front desk is very friendly and helpful. LOVED the cookies at night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Pretty good place to stay, well worth using my points. But the cost of the rooms is way to high. We like the location, but the price is too high for how nice the facility is. It is just average for the cost.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is hands down one of the best in the Hilton family. Both the double queen and king rooms were clean, fresh smelling and spacious. The facility was just as well kept with a great breakfast. We've stayed in a few Hampton Inns and this one is a jewel in Hilton's crown.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I don't write in all caps normally, but these guys and gals deserve it. Checked in a night early with my 3 kids and stayed two nights on our way from Texas. We decided to stay and look around the university. Great location to the Bama campus. Rooms were lovely and clean. Beds were perfect. The lobby was clean and welcoming. Breakfast was amazing! The pool was great and my kids like to check out every pool at every hotel... The staff answered every question with a smile. Just awesome.... Thank you, Hampton!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed here while my son attended the Nick Saban youth football camp. The hotel was very busy during our stay, but there were no issues with noise, & the breakfast area was always fully stocked & clean! The pool was wonderful, very clean and not heavily chlorinated.

The location was perfect! I could get to the indoor training facility in 5-6 minutes, & the stadium in about 7-8 minutes.

Milk, cookies, and hot chocolate every night were a huge hit with all of my kids & the staff kept that stocked well each night.

The beds were super comfy and the room was very clean. I love the fact that the Duvet covers are washed for each guest! We WILL be back!!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed here again for the college orientation. The staff is very pleasant. The hotel is very easy to find if you just head down 82 W until you see the hotel off to your right then take next exit to the right. The best part is the easy accessibility to the University of Alabama. Take the back road and you are there.
The breakfast had different things each day we were there and the cookies at night are nice and hot. My kids love the hot chocolate and the pool with the big Alabama tubes.
We stay here whenever we are in town and we have not been disappointed.