“Clean and close to campus” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Montgomery, AL
“Clean and close to campus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night when he had to speak at a conference. The room and bathroom were clean. Nice desk area. Nice linens. We could hear noise from the people next door and doors slamming in the hall. Hot breakfast with waffles, mini western omelets, sausage, cereal, yogurt, etc. Only a mile or two from campus, but I don't think you could walk there easily.

1 Thank LakeLoafer

Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and always pleased with the accommodations, staff and amenities. One time I forgot my toiletry bag and they supplied with all of the items I needed free of charge. What great customer service.

Also, every time I submit a review of my latest stay at the hotel the manager always responds to my survey within a couple of days.

new orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Recommend this hotel when visiting Tuscaloosa. Room was very clean, as was the appearance of the hotel overall. Front desk staff was friendly and efficient. Convenient location to shopping and dining.

• Stayed January 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Everything about this hotel is wonderful. I was able to get a room during the off season of Alabama football at a very good rate. The sign on the door in the room states $350.00 a nite and I would never pay that for a room in Tuscaloosa,AL. Nice place....but, that price is a bit much.

1 Thank JKMC6
Springville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

They did'nt have security and only one person working the frount desk at night. I was told they have cameras but did'nt feel good about that. I called before I pulled into the parking lot and the front desk associate told me she could'nt watch me to the lobby for she was the only person working. They need 2 associate or security. Over all everything else was good.

Allen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good location close to the U of Alabama campus. Good breakfast and friendly staff. The heater was a bit noisy in the room which I typically like to drown out the noise from everything else going on but my wife did not like it.

Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were visiting UA so we stayed at the Hampton for 2 nights. We paid approx. $130+ during non-football season weekday visit. It was clean and my 17 y/o loved the bedding. It is in a GREAT location and everyone was very friendly. I LOVED that they had directions for every place I wanted to go - already preprinted on little slips of paper. I was very impressed because I asked for directions to a small local deli and they had those ready! The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because our room (129) was near the trash dumpsters and both mornings at 6:15 I heard a lot of noise as the trash was picked up. The first morning it went on for 10 minutes and I couldn't get back to sleep...very disappointing because I was exhausted from flying the previous day. The breakfast is fair...definitely not the best I have ever had. They had waffles, and a few other hot items like oatmeal and sausage and an unappetizing egg dish plus all the standard continental things like fresh fruit, cereal, bagels, etc. I also thought the cookies at night were a nice touch. The restaurant next door - Baumhowe's is fantastic. I also used the fitness room. The treadmill wasn't working, but they had a few other cardio pieces plus free weights and another weight machine that was very adaptable to different weight lifting moves. I know there are cheaper places to stay during non-peak days, but I would probably stay there again.

1 Thank kendrash