“very hateful staff , the room was ran down and old.”

La Quinta Inn Tuscaloosa
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed March 10, 2011

room was not clean the staff was very smart mouth , it was storming so we stop to rest , I was told my AARP was not taken there nor did my points matter. She was on her cell not concerned about us at all.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ron1327

Reviewed March 8, 2011

We have stopped here a couple of times, as it is a good resting point on our drive to the Smoky Mountains. The positives are that it is near the freeway, the staff is polite and friendly, and it is clean. The negative is it could use an update. For our purposes, just to grab some sleep before heading out early for Sevierville, it is fine. No safety issues that I could see. Just a clean, if dated, room and nice staff, and very reasonable rates.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2010

LQ regulars will recognize the rooms; they will have been seeing them for decades. But, the room was clean. All outside rooms. Breakfast plain, as expected. Staff were all friendly and helpful; but not well-informed about LQ returns Elite benefits. I had to ask for my water, explain the upgrade, and explain the late checkout privileges. Internet service was occasionally interrupted. BUT, the price is low and if you know what you are getting in advance you should be satisfied with an overnight stay. The place just shows its age.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Mayfaere
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Typical older motel. You get what you pay for and in this case, that is a bed and a bathroom, and some freeway noise, and some loud guests in an adjacent room and some updating needed. No need to stay here unless the rate is cheaper; there are better choices if price is not paramount.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank jimkellster
Reviewed December 12, 2009

My daughter and I were travelling alone with the grandkids and two dogs from Texas to North Carolina. This was our half way point and we needed a place that allowed pets. We paid 49.00 for the room and all I can say is you get what you pay for. The rooms are outside rooms and although we were safe there...I didn't feel like we were. The room had a funny smell, hair in the sink, and stains on the sheets. Thank goodness I was so tired that I didn't notice the stains on the sheet until the next morning. I did point this out to the front desk the next morning. The breakfast was your typical La Quinta breakfast. Knowing what I know now...I wished we had drove on in to Birmingham and stayed at the Homewood location. It was much nicer and in a better location with inside rooms.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank ausuml
Reviewed November 17, 2009

LQ is one of my favorite motels. Very clean and well appointed. Coffee maker and Microwave. Large bath and good shower. Wireless intrernet works very well after I went to Walmart and purchased a G adaptor. Excellent rate.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2009

Hey, we usually stay at Motel 6 so I thought our room was really nice, cean and roomy and you even get an OK breakfast. First you have to find it, then locate the right driveway and 1st impression when you see it is scary in appearance and location. The front desk gal was nice enough but didn't know how to enter my Southwest Rewards. (Did it when I got home) You could end up with a room on the interstate but ours was on the other side. We even had a frig. but we weren't using it and had to unplug it because it was noisy. I took a bubble bath and it was nice that I didn't have to turn on the light or fan. The room had a desk and three comfy chairs. They need to renovate the outside. I would rate it 2**, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple