“Nice place for a night or 2”

La Quinta Inn Tuscaloosa
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice place for a night or 2”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We arrived late with prior reservations asking for a non smoking, UPDATED room. We initially got a smoking, not updated room. The lady put us in the room next door. Non smoking, not updated, but no big deal. Room was clean and smoke free. Pet friendly. We didn't stay for breakfast, so I don't know how that was. Pool was loud. Comfy, comfy beds and roomy space was nice. Basic room came with a desk, big comfy chair, and closet. AC worked great. Nice new TV. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: Away from the pool
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
deer lodge, tn, 37726
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I love staying at La Quinta Inns, I am all ways treated like a king. The rooms are bright and clean, the beds real comfortable. I would recommend staying there to any one that wants quality at a great price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Redford, Michigan
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Don't make the mistake we did! Bugs everywhere and the room ! I sent my husband to the store to buy lysol and he was shocked by the cluster of people standing around and what appeared to be drug deals. Now I'm not usually easily rattled but I was on edge and didn't get much sleep. Do yourself a favor and pass this hotel up.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank TrenaBoo

Travelers are raving about these Tuscaloosa hotels

Morganton, North Carolina
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Labor Day 2013 after 8 hours of driving I checked in with a coupon at $62 including tax. Down and out room very clean. Old place but maintained. Very comfortable bed. Room 128 no microwave but all other amenities you would expect. Restaurant, grocery store, and other stores in walking distance. Easy access from I-20 exit # 73

Room Tip: Two levels outside facing rooms. Hollow square shape with pool in inner square.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Well I stopped at this place after driving until 1am. I only required a clean room and safe place. I was funky after driving some time and first went to shower. My tub in a non smoking room had cigarette burns all over it and while was clean had this plastic taped to the bottom I guess to cover something. Beds were nice. The price was reasonable but about 6 am a very loud and scary argument took place next door. I could hear every word said and also sounded like someone was being slammed into furniture. I picked up the phone to call front desk to alert them to call the police but it didn't work do I dug around got my cell and called 911. It did stop when the police got there but decided to leave a review after seeing so many others left reviews about police being called. After that we didn't feel safe so on only 4 hours sleep jumped in the car and left.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank NyseeN
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had to go into town for death in family...no time to shop around. Booked LaQuinta. Arrived and had to dash into the room. Absolutely wretched smell of smoke/pet combination. No time to move or complain. Just a poor excuse. I have never posted/reviewed anything like this before, but it was unacceptable. Be ready and hope your experience is much better than ours. Thanks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank dhr199s
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were in Tuscaloosa for a university event and, of course, everything was sold out, but we were able to find a good price on this hotel. Location is pretty good and convenient to town and the university. The summary statement is that the hotel should really be torn down and rebuilt. Everything was worn and the hotel is getting the maximum life out of the facility. That said, I could tell that the housekeeping staff really works hard to keep things as clean as possible. We did find a couple of bugs one morning in the room (they were dead), but otherwise the room and bath were clean and the cleaning after our first night was very good. If your favorites in Tuscaloosa are sold out or prices are too high elsewhere, the La Quinta is an ok second choice. BTW, I would not argue with other reviewers giving a lower score, but for what it is, it met our need for someplace to stay.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room away from the highway or keep your a/c unit on all night!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family