“Not what expected”

Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Havelock, North Carolina
“Not what expected”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel reminded me of an old hotel 6, in a need of a complete make over. If I had not booked on line I would have never stayed here and would have cancelled my reservations once I arrived. The entrance in behind a building that is not in use. The entrance was untidy and everything looked dated. The only plus was the check in staff very friendly and helpful.
The bathroom looked out of the eighties and had stains around drain of the tub. Pool did not look like inviting.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank RTWorld

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed May 23, 2013

To Whom it may Concern

My self & my sister place hotel reservation for May 20 -21 check in at the La Quinta Inn Tuscaloosa Alabama & my reservation was May 19- 20 & . I always stay at the La Quinta Inn twice a year to go see our mother in the nursing home in Moundville Alabama as of this stay at the La Quinta Inn was our last stay with them we were put in room #156 the room smelled of nasty feet and it was loaded with roaches & the plug in on the bed side lamp was broken & my sister was shocked & My sister was sleeping & A roach was walking up her arm & she was awaken to it, We called the front desk and complained but they didn’t offer to move us to another room or anything instead we were told to call 888-YahooTravel in order to get our funds returned to us we didn’t bring roaches there and we don’t need roaches in our homes And my sister is handicap and they still did nothing

Room Tip: DON'T GOT THERE ! down stairs room 156 isnt it
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sammie D
Bedford, Texas
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed here because we were traveling with our pet. Skeevy part of Tuscaloosa. Dirty lobby area. The outside hallways reeked of smoke. The rooms are in need of updates. Toilet wouldn't flush. We could not wait to get out of here so I cannot review the continental breakfast. Stay anywhere else!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Cara K
Mullica Hill, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We recently moved my son out of the University and needed a close place to stay. It is right off McFarland Blvd and close to multiple shops and restaurants, however the hotel is not in the nicest location as it sits behind a car wash and Chinese restaurant. The staff, however, were quite nice and the beds were comfortable.The hotel is quite compact and parking is very tight -especially with larger vehicles.

Room Tip: It's a bit quieter in the back of the hotel near the pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Donna S
Merryville
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Travelling east and ended up in Tuscaloosa looking for a room after 9-10pm. Stopped at the Welcome Center and picked up a Hotel Coupon book to use on a room. It was a Thursday night and the coupon was refused at the desk due to an event in Tuscaloosa that weekend. It was Thursday, not the weekend. Lucky break for me because I ended up at the Wingate after booking an Express Deal on Priceline. Much better quality hotel for less than what I would have paid full price for Laquinta. I would think better to rent a room late at night for the coupon rate than lose the sale altogether but what do I know. LaQuinta's loss was by good fortune.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DR12trips
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were just passing through and needed a pet friendly place. The bonus was that there was no extra fee for our 8 pound dog. We had a nice king room. It was very clean and the bed was comfy. The motel was older but it was very adequate and close to the interstate and lots of restaurant choices nearby. Friendly staff. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side, near pool. They aren't facing the highway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sherwood, Arkansas
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This place is right off the interstate ... convenient, BUT extremely noisy. And it's in dire need of an upgrade. I've stayed in many La Quintas but this particular one is going by the wayside ...almost as bad as Motel 6. Bathtub was disgusting.... I think it's also a home for many shady characters. Lots of people noise, shouting, etc. in the wee hours of the morning. At checkout, they could not give me a receipt because the printer was down.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo