“Close to Bama Campus, but grounds need updating”

La Quinta Inn Tuscaloosa
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We recently moved my son out of the University and needed a close place to stay. It is right off McFarland Blvd and close to multiple shops and restaurants, however the hotel is not in the nicest location as it sits behind a car wash and Chinese restaurant. The staff, however, were quite nice and the beds were comfortable.The hotel is quite compact and parking is very tight -especially with larger vehicles.

Room Tip: It's a bit quieter in the back of the hotel near the pool
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Donna S
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Tuscaloosa

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Travelling east and ended up in Tuscaloosa looking for a room after 9-10pm. Stopped at the Welcome Center and picked up a Hotel Coupon book to use on a room. It was a Thursday night and the coupon was refused at the desk due to an event in Tuscaloosa that weekend. It was Thursday, not the weekend. Lucky break for me because I ended up at the Wingate after booking an Express Deal on Priceline. Much better quality hotel for less than what I would have paid full price for Laquinta. I would think better to rent a room late at night for the coupon rate than lose the sale altogether but what do I know. LaQuinta's loss was by good fortune.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DR12trips
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were just passing through and needed a pet friendly place. The bonus was that there was no extra fee for our 8 pound dog. We had a nice king room. It was very clean and the bed was comfy. The motel was older but it was very adequate and close to the interstate and lots of restaurant choices nearby. Friendly staff. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side, near pool. They aren't facing the highway.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This place is right off the interstate ... convenient, BUT extremely noisy. And it's in dire need of an upgrade. I've stayed in many La Quintas but this particular one is going by the wayside ...almost as bad as Motel 6. Bathtub was disgusting.... I think it's also a home for many shady characters. Lots of people noise, shouting, etc. in the wee hours of the morning. At checkout, they could not give me a receipt because the printer was down.

2  Thank Walklady
A TripAdvisor Member
Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Reviewed April 23, 2013

On a busy weekend at The University of Alabama, we were lucky to find a room at LaQuinta in Tuscaloosa. Located on McFarland Blvd right off I-59, the hotel is conveniently located to restaurants, shopping, and U of A. We requested a handicapped accessible room. The room was conveniently located by the office and the buffet area. It was very clean and had a nice TV and super-comfortable beds. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I chose this motel because I was traveling with my cat, moving him from Cincy to my daughter's house in New Orleans. All LaQuintas are pet friendly (except for 4 in the entire country, I think.) The location was good (except for being a little hard to find back behind a couple other businesses), room was average, front desk person was friendly and helpful. Their pool area looked very nice, altho I did not use it.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed at other affordable hotels but La Quinta Inn was without a doubt the worst! Room service came in at 10 am on my first stay even though I had prepaid for 2 nights and check out times are at noon. Since I was sleeping I told them to come back, and they never did, they didnt even leave clean towels. When I reported this to the front desk, I was told to come get my towels in person.

I was also very dissatisfied with the breakfast. All they had was 1 waffle machine for everyone, so you can imagine the long line and wait.

I do not recommend this hotel at all!

3  Thank Calia T