“Home when in T-Town”

Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Columbia, SC
“Home when in T-Town”
Reviewed January 22, 2010

My wife and I have stayed here 1-2 times each year since 2003. Every room has been clean and every bed has been comfortable. There was a change in management 2 years ago, and the service and quality at this hotel remains excellent. We will continue to stay here when in Tuscaloosa.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Alabama
Reviewed September 8, 2008

Got a good rate on gameday ...assumed there would be a catch. Wrong. It looked and smelled clean -- unlike some college-town hotel rooms, even the more expensive ones. Linens were nice, beds felt great. It's convenient for shopping and eating. Front-desk and staff were pleasant and efficient. I'm glad that we won't have to shop around for a place anymore. We'll be going right back there.

• Liked — Cleanliness, value
  • Disliked — It was a little difficult to find the access road from the highway.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank shsa
Starkville, MS
Reviewed June 19, 2008

They would not cancel my reservation for June 20th when I called to cancel on June 19th at 8:55 pm. The receptionist said that the room needed to be canceled before 4:00 pm the day prior to the reservation day. I booked this room online and according to what showed on the screen I had until 7:00 am the day of the reservation to cancel before it would go on my credit card. I am very unhappy about this. Our baseball team was staying there renting several of your rooms along with many other parents and guest. This does not look good on the part of Quality Inn to refuse to cancel a reservation in ample time before the cancellation time frame. We will never stay at the Quality Inn again.

• Stayed June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 20, 2003

I've stayed in several Tuscaloosa hotels over the years (Roll Tide!), but this hotel is by far the best bang for the buck. The only difference between this hotel and many that I've stayed at for a lot more money (some right there in Tuscaloosa!) is the sign on the pole. This is a new (or looks new) place with friendly folks.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 20, 2003

Best value of any hotel I've been to, and I travel about 40-50 nights per year. The hotel looks brand new, and the staff is one of the friendliest and caring groups I've seen. After sleeping better than I do at home, I found out that the mattresses are Serta sleepers. If you travel through Tuscaloosa, I highly recommend you make Quality Inn your choice of stay.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member