Ramada Tuscaloosa
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites(Tuscaloosa)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleannight manageran overnight staycontinental breakfaststaff was very friendlynice stayin townfront desk clerkwafflesgreat place to stayhueyuagameuniversityinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2010

I stayed here during probably the busiest weekend of the year in Tuscaloosa and as is usually the case, my experience was much better than the typical crappy review.

The two-floor lobby was all decked out in Alabama football gear, and was barely in the door before the woman at the front desk welcomed me in. Check in was a piece of cake, and they had drinks and fresh cookies awaiting the guests.

My room was at the top of the stairs (overlooking the lobby) and I was concerned about how noisy it'd be so close to all that foot traffic. I'm also a very light sleeper. However, I didn't hear anything, either from outside the room or from bordering rooms.

The rooms were your basic room, certainly not brand new, but clean despite normal wear and tear.

The continental breakfast was your typical breakfast, but the woman attendant was more than hospitable in making everyone their requested waffles and ensuring we had everything we needed for our breakfasts.

There isn't a whole heck of a lot restaurants/bars within easy/convenient walking distance of the hotel, other than a Chili's, but that wasn't a concern of mine. There is plenty of stuff within a mile or so though.

There's a pool, which looked basic but clean, but I didn't go in.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank smokeybandit
Reviewed September 13, 2010

came down to tuscaloosa with my wife to watch the penn state vs. alabama game. Had a great time in the city. This is the first game i saw in alabama stadium and it was an experience of a life time! Hotel staff was very helpful with giving us directions around town and places to go out. Room was also really good. Nice, Clean, and Comfortable. I know where i'm gonna stay next time i am in T-town!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2010

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were big and had a fridge and microwave A good value and location.

1  Thank worldtraveler35904
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The rooms were clean and it was so quite and it made me feel like I was right at home. When I came through the door I was greeted with a smile my a young lady by the name of Demitria she checked me in with no problem. When I woke up the next morning and went down stairs to breakfast and someone made me pancakes. I don't get that kind of service at home it really felt like I was at a 5 star hotel. I would refer anyone to this hotel keep up the good work guys.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joann01
Reviewed March 25, 2010

I travel to Tuscaloosa about three times a month for business. Most of the time I've stayed at Hamptons, Holiday Inns and others. We're doing cut backs as we all are so I tryed to save some money and booked a room at the Ramada. To my suprise this was a very nice hotel. The check in was quick and the young lady had hot cookies waiting for the guest. Even offered to make a fresh coffee at midnight. I thought this was sweet! The rooms are dated but very spacious. Nice!!! There are a few things this hotel needs but for the price and the wonderful service you'll receive its very well worth trying..

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business