“ABSOLUTELY THE WORST EVER.”
Review of Ramada Tuscaloosa

Ramada Tuscaloosa
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
alabama
“ABSOLUTELY THE WORST EVER.”
Reviewed December 19, 2006

booked for 5 nights stayed 1 night went to class came back to a cleaned out room(by cleaning staff) management was no help clearks were rude during same stay room was cleaned out a 2nd time (by cleaning staff) got 1 night free still did not get my clothing and other stuff back still no manager called ramada gave ample time still no call back (2 weeks) ramada int gave me a check for $25 to make up for $100.00 worth of clothing and other stuff (books shampoo magazines ect ect) very poor management.

• Liked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — dont ever stay here
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank imstretch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed June 20, 2006

The Hotel was a little old, but it seems like they were doing a lot of remodeling. The staff was one of the friendliest I've ever experienced and I thought the price was a bargain. Much better (and cheaper) than the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Southlake, TX
Reviewed March 16, 2006

Even with some fresh lipstick, this motel is still a pig.

Although the people at the front desk were nice, the room was not (and the motel is going through a renovation). The connecting door in our room was missing the door knob--had to stuff a towel in the hole and hope that the next room didn't try to "explore." Cauking around the tub was 3rd generation grunge. Bathroom floor was sticky. Poorest paint job I've ever seen--must have used convict labor. Couldn't call the front desk from the phone because it didn't work. Lights were burned out.

I should have exercised my right and left, but it had been too long of a drive.

• Stayed March 2006
3 Thank rdsltx
Reviewed March 1, 2006

We stayed at this motel Sept.1, 2005. As we were decending the carpeted stairs, my foot slipped and I fell down the stairs. I had to be transported to the hospital with back injuries. My back was fractured in the fall. The staff at the motel has not contacted me or my husband yet to check on my condition. We will never stay at this motel again.

• Stayed September 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pasadena
Reviewed February 6, 2006

I had to join in! I can't believe it! This vile place is still open? It smelled. It was filthy. It was so loathsome we never forgot it!
Who'd ever trust Ramada again?

• Stayed October 1999
6 Thank Connellsville
Reviewed January 20, 2006

There are not enough words in the English language to describe this hotel. Best put, this hotel was awful, dreadful, frightening, ghastly, grisly, gruesome, hideous, horrendous, horrifying, nightmarish, shocking, hair-raising, terrifying, deplorable, disgusting, nauseating, offensive, sickening, and unspeakable, to say the least!

We booked our reservations online through hotel. What a BIG mistake! We complained to the hotel manager and to hotel, since they had given the hotel a such high rating. We were too scared to sleep and couldn't wait to check-out (early the next morning instead of later). The furniture was old, worn, scarred, and didn't match, and the room also had a foul odor. Although we sanitized with disinfectant wipes and spray, it was still a horrendous experience. Instead of classifying this as a hotel, it probably would have best been classified as a brothel for it looked as if it were a place used for a one-night/hourly stand(s). It definitely isn't a place to take your family for a vacation. There was also a club on site for the local teens and young adults that played loud music, and after returning from dinner, parking was scarce.

There was a continental breakfast bar, but after seeing the condition of the hotel, we opted to go out and eat. Had we known about this site previously, we would have chosen a better hotel.

• Stayed March 2005
111 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 12, 2005

This place was unbelievable. I made my reservations a year ago and they gave us a different, smaller room. It was PURE-D nasty!!!! When we took a shower, black sut-looking stuff came up over the shower rug...UHG!!! Then our microwave and television broke. The whole weekend was a disaster. I wrote Ramada Inn about it and they said this was independently owned. They sent my complaints to the owner who in turn told me in so many words that it must not have been that bad...I ended up staying. Well DUH!!!! It was a football game weekend. What was I supposed to do...drive home???! There weren't any other rooms available in the area. This place is nasty. Stay at the Motel 6 before you stay here. I can't believe Ramada lets them use its sign!!!

• Stayed September 2005