“Nice”
Review of Ramada Tuscaloosa

Ramada Tuscaloosa
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed March 25, 2010

I brought my family in for a trip from Sedona, Arizona for just a getaway and needless to say I was very impressed by the way you all kept it spotless with room service that was tremendous. We not only enjoyed the service but knew that when we got done with a fun day I knew that we would come into a nice luxurious hotel full of relaxation and comfort. I believe that I can speak for all of us and say we really enjoyed our stay. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed March 21, 2010

We had a wonderful experience at the Ramada Tuscaloosa. Our check in was fast and Debra was an excellent staff member. Everyone was helpful and their breakfast was very good for continental. A staff member even made waffles for our girls. The homemade cookies were a nice touch. I could also tell that the entire staff enjoyed working together which made for a very nice atmosphere.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2010

We were so excited to get to Tuscaloosa after a 10 hour drive with 2 small children. The staff was VERY pleasant and helpful which makes any stay that much better. The lobby area was nice and had a lovely tree still up for Christmas. That was nice for us to see plus the kids loved it. When we arrived in our room, it was noticeably used. What I mean to say is that you can tell the hotel is older. It needs some updating or work to it. The carpet was torn in the hallway and our carpet in our room was really dirty. My 4 year olds just washed socks were flithy before she went to bed. She had just put those on after her bath and they had not been worn before that. The remote control was flithy. I travel with sanitizing wipes considering I have 2 small children. I want everything to be as clean as possible. That is my only issue that I had while we stayed there. The next morning we went to breakfast and a lovely lady, Ms. Ella, was there helping us with anything that we needed. I have only had this kind of help in a tropical resort/5-star hotel. She was doing whatever she could to make our morning easier for us. She was a hard worker and kept the breakfast area extremely clean.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2009

This is a great hotel with hte service and value you would expect from a Ramada. What sets it apart is Breakfast with Ms. Ella

Many hotels offer free Continental breakfat but the don't have Ms. Ella! Her wit and charm na dfantastic service make the start of the day so enjoyable. Not to mention those pefect golden brown waffles she creates.

When you start the day with breakfast with Ms. Ella, you just know it is going be a fantasstic day.

If you are passing through Tuscaloosa be sure to stay at the Ramada and don't skip breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel and will never go back!

First of all, we had a non-smoking room reserved and upon check-in we were told that they had given our room away and were stuck with a smoking room. Once we entered the room we were greeted by a horrible smell of urine and smoke! There was old urine on the toilet seat and the floor around the toilet. There were also hairs on the seat cover and toilet tank.

The bathtub looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in years! There was a half emptied bottle of shampoo still in the tub! I doubt room service did anything to the bathroom except pull back the shower curtain.

One of the double beds had a visible blood stain on the side where the sheets are tucked in. The sheets were not clean! When we pulled the covers back we noticed tiny specks of dirt where you would put your feet. Apparently, the maid just re-made the bed - DISGUSTING!

As if this wasn't enough - our experience with the hotel manager, Pam, just topped things off. She was rude and refused to help fix these problems!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank goofy0125
Reviewed October 19, 2009

I had a confirmed reservation for the Military/Government rate and, upon check-in, the Ramada-Tuscaloosa, AL manager, Pamela J. Straw, would not honor the rate. I was charged $60 extra because it was "game weekend". The normal way of handling this is not to offer a Military/Govt rate. The printed instructions from the website reservation confirmation stated "Government Discount - ID Req'd At Check-in." I presented my military ID upon check-in but the manager stated that I had to have paper orders. I asked the manager to show me where that requirement was stated, but she couldn't. I stay at hotels who offer military/Govt discounts all the time whether my trip is business or vacation.

I immediately opened a case with Corporate that same day, 18Sep09, and 3 phone calls later, the most recent one today, 19Oct09, I got another blow-off "a manager will review your case and call you." Right!

I will NEVER stay at Ramada again!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank BamaCharlie
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I am a very flexible traveler and have stayed at all types of hotels. This is the worst! It was a weekend trip for taking my child back to school at the University of Alabama. The room was dirty, when I pulled the bed covering back it had yellow stains on it! The workout facility had no electricity the entire three days I was there. I asked housekeeping for extra pillows and an extra blanket and never received it. I came back to my room one night to find the beds partially made, but the pillows thrown on a chair with no pillow cases. It took me two trips to the front desk and 1 hour to get 3 pillow cases. The last day there was no breakfast service. I saw the housekeeping staff sitting in the lobby on a regular basis. I was shocked to see a Ramada Inn of this quality. We'll never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business