“Nasty!!!!”

Ramada Tuscaloosa
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
“Nasty!!!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2005

This place was unbelievable. I made my reservations a year ago and they gave us a different, smaller room. It was PURE-D nasty!!!! When we took a shower, black sut-looking stuff came up over the shower rug...UHG!!! Then our microwave and television broke. The whole weekend was a disaster. I wrote Ramada Inn about it and they said this was independently owned. They sent my complaints to the owner who in turn told me in so many words that it must not have been that bad...I ended up staying. Well DUH!!!! It was a football game weekend. What was I supposed to do...drive home???! There weren't any other rooms available in the area. This place is nasty. Stay at the Motel 6 before you stay here. I can't believe Ramada lets them use its sign!!!

• Stayed September 2005
70 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed November 8, 2004

This place is just plain scuzzy. It was dirty and in disrepair. I cannot believe that Ramada allows these people to use the Ramada name. This was without a doubt the worst hotel I have ever seen

58 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 26, 2004

Made a reservation thru Hotels.com. I seriously cannot believe how a internet service could represent such a terrible hotel. Cobwebs on the lamp shades, dirty, nasty floors. Huge stains on the bed spread and chairs. A foul smell from the air conditioner and don't dare walk on the carpet barefooted. Itched all night in the bed. We got no sleep or rest. We never felt safe at this hotel. If I could have gotten my car inside the room I would have. Personally I think they may rent rooms by the hour to certain people. Hotels.com doesn't care about any of this as I have emailed them. We paid 77.00 for the worst night stay ever and the receipt from the hotel showed the cost to Hotels was 49.00. They made a nice profit on our misery!!

• Stayed September 2004
61 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 6, 2003

We stayed at the Ramada for 2 nights. Our rooms were not clean and we did not receive any maid service. The bathtub was filthy and we had roaches. The bedspread has a huge stain on it. There was no iron in the room. The paint was peeling off the sides of the pool. The front desk staff was inept and accused their own maintenance man of being ignorant because he was a "foreigner". The manager was incompetent. The adjoining restaurant is horrible. Stay at the Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed July 2003