“good staff, not so good products” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Milledgeville
“good staff, not so good products”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The staff was friendly, courteous, and professional. You should, however, re-evaluate the products used to clean the carpets and bathroom floors. In the roms the pleasant scent became an unpleasant odor in about o_ne minute. The bathroom floors were so sticky with product my shoes stuck to the floor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was my first visit to Tuscaloosa, just an overnight trip to visit my boyfriend and his family. I had a wonderful experience with nothing to complain about. The staff was very courteous and the check in process could not have been easier. The rate was very affordable as well. With this being just an overnight stay, I'm always looking for a hotel that is not only affordable but also comfortable. All of my needs were met!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ramadaoftuscaloosa, Manager at Ramada Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future. John Operations Manager
north carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Rooms were dated and felt dirty. Carpet appeared to be dirty and grimy. Bathroom did not seem clean and was old. Definitely would not stay again, but the staff was very friendly. There were other hotels in the area for comparable price that would have been a better situation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris L
Thank you for your review. We are regularly making updates to our hotel and understand that we are working with an older product. I am glad to hear that our staff is on the right track and I do hope that you give us another shot in the future. -John Operations Manger
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I reserved a room here for colleagues traveling to Tuscaloosa on business. The front desk staff was incredibly rude and incompetent. Additionally, there was no manager on duty. To get a non-smoking room, we were forced to pay for an "upgrade" beyond the original rate, which seems highly unethical particularly in a service-oriented industry. While the fee was nominal, it was perhaps even more offensive that they insisted on arguing over $15. Had we not been more exhausted, I would have gotten a refund and gone to another property. Once getting to the room, I wish we had. The room was incredibly dated and looked worn. There are too many other hotels in Tuscaloosa that offer nicer accommodations and far superior service. I will never take my business here again, and I will gladly tell others to avoid this property as well.

Room Tip: Walls are paper thin. Try to be on an end.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ktcpiano
Thank you for your review. We understand that our property is an older property and we have taken steps to update where possible. When booking online, please make sure that the room that you book specifies interior or exterior corridor or if the room is smoking or not smoking. Cheaper rooms are typically on the exterior and are priced accordingly.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

From check in to check out the staff is pleasant and down to earth. Every time I visit they remember my name and recommend new places to visit in Tuscaloosa. The rooms are very clean and everything I requested is always promptly delivered. Love you guys!!!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for letting us know that we are on the right track. Every guest experience is important and I am glad to hear that yours was great. Come stay again with us in the future. - John Operations Manager
Boaz, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We chose this hotel because of the price, amenities and location. We needed to stay three nights, but I make a habit of only paying for the first night due to previous bad hotel stays in the past. The room was clean, but the service was border-line incompetant. When we checked in I asked for a smoking room...I was given a non smoking room and promised I would be moved when the other room was cleaned...after running errands I cam back to find the only remaining smoking room had been rented...I was given a room and told it was "smiking" although there was an in room ashtry, the door was clearly marked as non smoking. I was asked to come back twice then finally got keys...they worked but the lock was broken and I couldnt get in...after the LONG walk back they issued new keys (in spite of my arguements that the keys were not the problem)...LONG walk back up...same thing...LONG walk back down...maintentance sent up to help after I was spoken to as if I were an idiot! Long story short...the window had to be taken out in order to get in the room...nowhere for me to go in the meantime...lock finally replaced 4 1/2 hours AFTER I initially paid. No discount for additional nights offered... Had to complain about blaring music in the middle of the night, and my request for a wake up call was accepted but no call was ever made to my room. On the second day, our keys were turned off, and through the whole stay I probably got more exercise than a 10 mile hike through the appalachians could have offered!

Room Tip: Don't accept a room that is locaated in the building in the back (300s and 400s)...you will have...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank robertskary
Ramadaoftuscaloosa, Manager at Ramada Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are truly sorry for the inconvience you experienced during your stay. We will review with our staff on better ways to communicate these issues and hope to ensure no other guest has the same issue.

Janell Colburn