“Pleasantly surprised!”
Review of Ramada Tuscaloosa

Ramada Tuscaloosa
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Have not stayed at Ramada Inns for quite a few years due to lack of maintenance. Friendly accommodating staff, clean bright fresh rooms, nice breakfast bar which included both warm and cold selections and whole fresh fruit. Location was perfect to access local shopping mall, fine dining, the University of Alabama campus, and highway leading to major airport. My one disappointment was the lack of a hot-tub. There was a variety of fitness equipment in good working condition. Laundry room machines well maintained.

Room Tip: South side rooms are quiet. Second floor is quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Ramadaoftuscaloosa, Manager at Ramada Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thank you for your review. We take pride in our hotel and hope to have you as our guest again in the future.
-John
Operations Manager

There are newer reviews for Ramada Tuscaloosa

Reviewed October 30, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Ramadaoftuscaloosa, General Manager at Ramada Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Reviewed October 24, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Ramadaoftuscaloosa, General Manager at Ramada Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was my second time staying at this hotel. In fact, I deliberately CHOSE this hotel because I had stayed there last year in October and had such a positive experience. All of the employees that I had the pleasure of dealing with last year were no longer working there. I was SO disappointed! My room was dirty, the bathroom reaked of mold.mildew, I had to keep the bathroom door shut because the shower curtain smelled so awful. There wasn't a piece of facial tissue to be found! I even took the empty box and left it so someone would re-fill it- Never happened! The staff was cold. The pool was covered despite high 80 degree temperatures and sunny days. Last year the pool was open (I was there the same week) and I sat pool side every day. This time I was afraid to leave my room for any reason other than to go off for the day! There was a lot of noise outside of my room at all hours on any day, I would see staff outside smoking along the back of the building during the day. The TV was a nice flat screen TV, but the reception was terrible. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were changed daily. There was a small coffee pot in the room, but housekeeping forgot to refill the coffee on 2 occasions. The rug was filthy and my feet would turn black within 1/2 hour of showering. I do not know what happened to the "old" management, but it seems to me that the current management just doesn't care. Gone were the days of being greeted by name. I even went and introduced myself to the front desk and was greeted with little more than a sigh. I was no more than a pay source for this hotel and will NOT be returning there when I visit my daughter in tuscaloosa again.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all costs!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lynnsplace1964
Ramadaoftuscaloosa, General Manager at Ramada Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

We want to thank you for review. We are disappointed that your second stay with us was not as pleasureable as your first. We have taken your comments serious and will be investigating why there was such a measureable difference in each stay.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The staff is what made this resort. Upon arrival Friday, staff had the hotel decorated with Crimson Tide banners, red punch, cookies, and bottled water. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful in suggesting area places to dine and drink. The room was clean, the only thing that was a detriment was the location. It was a tad bit off the beaten path, obviously something beyond management control. If you are traveling to Tuscaloosa for a Tide game, plan on renting a car or paying for cabs. Fortunately, I have some friends in the area who were kind enough to give us rides around the city. We plan on returning for more games in the future, this was our first visit, and the Ramada will definitely be a contender. Great pool!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Ramadaoftuscaloosa, General Manager at Ramada Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We strive to always make our guest feel comfortable and I'm glad to know that our staff did exactly that for you!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My young son and I needed a place to spend the night while visiting my daughter who is a new freshman at the University of Alabama. Because my daughter is a bit homesick, I decided to bring along our 12 year old sweet family cat to cheer her up. So, I also needed a place that allows pets. And the Ramada just so happens to allow small pets up to 30 lbs in their exterior corridor rooms. The Inn was overall what I expected and met our needs well. Our room was clean and although you can tell the Inn is older, there are some modern touches like a flat screen TV and fresh neutral paint. The breakfast was basic but had a few extras like a Belgian Waffle maker and fresh fruit. The Inn also has a very nice pool area, especially for a economy chain. This place is not luxurious, but it's not suppose to be. If you have reasonable expectations of what Ramada is known to offer who will be satisfied. I would definitely stay here again based on our experience and the closeness to the university, (5 miles.). However, when not bringing along the family cat I will choose an interior corridor room for better quality and sound control. Give them a try, their staff is very pleasant also.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank layla_lou
Ramadaoftuscaloosa, General Manager at Ramada Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you for your review. We do strive to make sure every guest feel welcome and realize that our property may not be new, but we do always want to strive that our rooms are clean and comfortable.

Hospitably yours,

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a camp at the UA. First time ever at a Ramada and we were pleased. Very friendly staff all the way to the housekeepers who smiled and greeted us whenever we passed them. Breakfast was great, new pool furniture and one of the prettiest pool areas I have seen at an economy hotel. You can't go wrong with this place!Kudos to the staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Ramadaoftuscaloosa, Manager at Ramada Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you! Please remember to come visit us again if you come to the Tuscaloosa area.

Hospitably Yours,